Speaking of debate sites

Because we keep getting shut down at various Protestant sites, I thought I’d RE-invite you all to Protest Warrior. It’s a great political website dedicated to counter-protesting the antics of the left at THEY’RE rallies, but on their forum they have a place called “The 36th Chamber” where religious debate happens. Because of the heavy Protestant presence there, I tend to think of it as the “Protestant Warrior” forum, heh heh.

There are a few dedicated and semi-to-knowledgable Catholics there. I myself have taken a break for a while because it got to the point I was juggling 18 or more balls at once. One guy in particular was especially difficult. He’s not knowledgable, and he’s not even Christian in my opinion: He believes abortion is okay, fighting sin is sin, and the concepts of good and evil are “Satanic.” :rolleyes: He’s nasty, but easy to refute. Problem is, he doesn’t know he’s been refuted.

Anyway, here’s the link. Have fun. I may join you.

forum.protestwarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=496f90da771b206f1a3acf2ad1fb00d5

GOOD SITE!! I like the videos

P.S.: THERE ARE NO MODS. It makes for an extremely brutal site sometimes. Beware, but be free. :wink:

Incidentally, a brand-new person just posted this:

There’s a hot thread (as religion threads go) on this tipic over on FR. I just got a three day suspension for ‘bashing catholics’ over there. I tried not to but guess I was not careful enough.

HI! everybody by the way.

It all comes down to the fact that RCs hold church tradition as just as about as important as The Word of God. In fact they don’t even seem to believe that the Bible is the only and sole source for the Word of God.

As a Protestant this just fully puts me off. Traditions are of men as Jesus so clearly showed in his arguments with the Pharasees. As a rational person I can look at the history of the Roman church and plainly see there is little devine about a lot of what it did, does and inforces amoungst its adherents.

The whole idea of a Pope is built on one verse involving Peter (rock) and its just silly. Christs church is His body and it was founded by all 12 Apostles and went world wide almost immediately. If you wanted to make one man superior amoungst the Apostles it would have been Paul not Peter. That RCs cling to this idea they are the only true church is hubress squared. They cosistently write in their annals that Protestants are not true Christians. I don’t think this of them. Error prone yes but they are followers of Christ as am I.

This Mary thing is so unbiblical its absurd. Given all the warnings we have THROUGHOUT the OT about false religion and ‘queens of heaven’ such an eror of and by itself shows the traditions of the church are
manmade not of God.

Below is a link to a good list of verses about Queen of Heaven and false religion.

topical-bible-studies.org/37-0012.htm

What mindless babble! I can’t believe I just read all ot that…oy vey! :wink:

I don’t think a single person listened at all to the defense of Catholicism that was posted - they kept saying the same thing over and over; “you replace biblical truth with doctrinal error…” blah blah blah.

Thank you Lord for leading me to your One True Church! I love you!

[quote=E.E.N.S.]What mindless babble! I can’t believe I just read all ot that…oy vey! :wink:

I don’t think a single person listened at all to the defense of Catholicism that was posted - they kept saying the same thing over and over; “you replace biblical truth with doctrinal error…” blah blah blah.

Thank you Lord for leading me to your One True Church! I love you!
[/quote]

There are more level-headed people there. I’m guessing you were reading “Centurionoflight.” I truly think he’s evil, possibly even sociopathic.

Sweeet. EENS is in the PW house. I couldn’t ask for better backup! (Unless Karl Keating, Tim Staples, Mark Shea, James Akin, etc. decided to join up…)

Who is “Catholic Warrior” on the PW site? I like the name, but it’s begging for a fight, lol.

[quote=montanaman]Sweeet. EENS is in the PW house. I couldn’t ask for better backup! (Unless Karl Keating, Tim Staples, Mark Shea, James Akin, etc. decided to join up…)
[/quote]

Thanks! I resisted going because these type of sites usually irritate me - but I can never just sit back and listen to that nonsense (my weakness.)
I have never gotten through to anyone like this over the net, so that is frustrating as well. Perseverence! :wink:

Here is the link to page 8…
forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?p=9628372#9628372
Feel free to join in at any time! :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.