Special Prayer Request

My name is Carmel and I am a new member. Catherine from Meat and Greet send me this link and suggested I post my prayer. Would you please pray for my elderly Mom. She’ll be 89 this Christmas and has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. With much prayer and discussion with her family, she has decided to leave it alone and wait for our Lord to call her back home. We are all in agreement and support her decision including my 88 year old father.

I am extremely grateful to have my parents as long as I have. I am 49 years old and still have them in my life - that’s a blessed gift for sure. However, now, I must prepare to loose one of them.

My only prayer is that my Mom doesn’t suffer much. That’s all my family and I really ask. When it’s her time to go back to Jesus, so be it. But, I don’t want her to suffer.

Thank you for the opportunity of posting my prayer.

Love in Jesus our true Master,

Carmel

:byzsoc:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for your mother!

I will be praying the chaplet of Divine Mercy for your mom.

Oh Thank you so much everyone. God bless you all. I knew I was doing the right thing when I came to this site. I’ll be praying for each and everyone of you as well. God bless you all for your compassion and kindness.

I’m taking my Mom tomorrow to our old Parish in Richmond Hill, NY for 5:00pm mass. She’s so happy.

Carmel

say this prayer with me.

O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, slendour of Heaven. Blessed Mother of The Son of God. Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this, my necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.

O star of the sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother (make request).

O Mary conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee (three times). Holy Mary I place this cause in your hands (three times). Thank you for your mercy towards me and mine.

This prayer must be said for three days and after that the request will be granted (will never fail).

This prayer must be published immediately.

I love my mom dearly and I pray all the time that God grant her good health. I will pray too for your mom that God will spare her pain and suffering.
God bless you!

Holy Angels, please pray for OP + her parents

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.