Specific Psalms of Praising God which ones?

In one sense, all Psalms are Psalms of praise. Yet, I can google penitential Psalms and find a list. I am looking for specific Psalms that praise God alone or are in praise of God’s works. Googling for these praise Psalms is almost of no help.

PS- If you are feeling blue, have a nice cup of coffee and a piece of cake.

loveintruth.com/psalms/6-praise

The Form of the Descriptive Praise Psalm or Hymn
very similar
and some think they are essentially the same.
but there are discernible parts that differ substantially.
Psalms include 28, 36, 105, 111, 113, 117, 135, 136, 146, and 147.

The Form of the Declarative Praise Psalm
Form critical scholars will often call this type of psalm the “Thanksgiving Psalm,” or the “Todah Psalm”
they also divide them into two groups, the Praise of the Individual and the Praise of the Community.
There is not an appreciable difference between the Communal and the Individual Praise—the essential elements are present in both.
Psalms include: 18, 21, 30, 32, 34, 40, 41, 66, 106, 116, and 138.

The first one that comes to mind is also one of the shortest ones: Psalm 117.

Praise the Lord, all you nations;
extol him, all you peoples.
2 For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.

Easy to memorize and say spontaneously. :slight_smile:

In Eastern Matins, there are three psalms specifically grouped together as the Laudate (“praise”) Psalms - namely, 148, 149 and 150. I would say that these fit the bill quite well.

I Goggled “Psalms, Praise God” and got the following:
Psalm 69
Psalm 86
Psalm 103
Psalm 145
Psalm 147
Psalm 150

Hope this helps.

Sure looks like it will.
I’m hoping to memorize a few so that I can give gratitude and praise to God by using the Holy Spirit’s words instead of mine.

Oh-- Psalm 118 also comes up all the time. It includes a number of famous passages, but 118:1 and 118:28 are good to remember:

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

and

You are my God, and I will praise you;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.

i truly appreciate your suggestions. a

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.