Spiritual battlefront

I have a question. When I was praying the Rosary for Adam82’s friend, I felt a lot of distractions, more than normal; plus hearing phrases yelling at me to stop praying and hitting me with temptations of pride. I finished the Rosary, thank God; and I’m curious if such things are to be expected in cases of praying for a possessed person?

2 Likes

Don’t know but PRAY EVEN MORE!

I mean satan is probably scared out of his wits right now- he hates the rosary, so I would imagine he (satan) was trying to stop you. keep going. i"ll offer up a decade while I study.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

The pride thing can be really distracting can’t it ,baffling…sometimes I just implore Jesus and say You know how I feel,I offer it to you.Its a cruel tactic of distraction I reckon and can undermine confidence in prayer somehow

Perhaps NOT " normal" BUT not unheard of either

Begin by asking Mary to block satan and with CONVENTION saying BE GONE SATAN; I BELONG TO JESUS AND MARY

KEEP praying the Rosary!

God Bless you and May MAry come you your aid too
Partick

1 Like

Thank you all :blush: I will.

1 Like

I used PJM’s idea and it worked. The distractions were less and I understood the Mysteries better. :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.