Spiritual director please

Going through a lot right now.19 years old, workin at Walmart, goin to school, I got a band, but it seems like my faith is slipping. I’m suffering from depression, taking meds and seeing a therapist. I need prayer, I need help. Ive been thinking about the priesthood for a while now. Going to school to get my associates degree first, then maybe seminary. I just don’t understand, I don’t have motivation to do certain things, I’m trying, I don’t know. Please pray for me. I know this priest and he wanted to talk to me, so we talked and he went out of town, but he’s coming back, I’m hoping maybe he can be a guide for me.I need something, because I’ve gone downhill or something. Thank you.

Lord hear our prayers for this young man.
May your will for him be done and may he have peace of Christ and be strengthened in You.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I will remember you in my prayers this evening. May the Lord help you to discern your vocation and guide you through life to grow in faith and love for God.

I would encourage you to make daily prayer part of your life if you wish to fight whatever is causing you to stumble. This can take many beneficial forms. You might consider: praying the rosary, Eucharistic adoration, reading Sacred Scripture, praying the chaplet of Divine Mercy, etc. Of course, if you are struggling with sin you should also frequent the Sacrament of Reconciliation so that you may be cleansed of the sins you have committed and strengthened against future temptations thanks to the graces you will receive from the sacrament. Definitely keep an open dialogue with your priest and let him know all of your thoughts and concerns.

Praying

Praying for you …

Praying hard for you.

St. Francis of Assisi’s prayer for vocation:

Most High, Glorious God, enlighten the darkness of our minds. Give us a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity, so that we may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will. Amen.

Lord, may this priest friend of CurlyCatholic18 be of great help to him. May CurlyCatholic18 pray often for the grace he needs to persevere in faith and in a state of grace. May he know the necessity of prayer in his life for his salvation. May he cut out anything in his life that distracts him from you and occupy himself in spiritual things, like the Mass, prayer, spiritual reading, devotions to the Blessed Mother, etc. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

catholicspiritualdirection.org/

Lord please ensure guidance for this young person in the particular manner You desire that God’s loving will is faithfully and whole-heartedly fulfilled in this person’s life.
Thank You, Lord

Lord Jesus, show Your light to this young man and help him in his discernment. May the Holy Spirit guide him and show him Your will. Come to his aid Lord Jesus and protect him from despair. Strengthen his faith and hope in You and help him to always abide in You as You in him. Protect him from the evil one, for he is Yours. We ask this in Your most holy and blessed name. Amen.

Praying for you.

Thank you so much. :]

Lord Jesus, help our young brother in his discernment to the priesthood. Guide him through the Holy Spirit and stir in him to give You glory in his vocation. Help him that he would never despair or lose his faith and hope in You. Through the intercession of Your most holy and blessed Mother and our Mother, we humbly ask this. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Have Mercy O Lord. Hear our prayers.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.