Spiritual Dryness

Please pray for me. I think I am in a period of spiritual dryness. I don’t feel motivated to read scripture, pray, etc. Please pray.

May the Lord bless you in whatever way He wills to.

I will say prayers for you!

Be sure to pray, even in dryness. The Lord hears you!

[INDENT]Times of Spiritual Darkness

O my God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me … Therefore, I will trust You always. Though I may seem to be lost I will not fear, for You are always with me, O my dear God.
*— Thomas Merton, O.C.S.O. *

:signofcross:

[/INDENT]

Praying for your intentions.

Stay at your post!

Acknowledge God.
Take the next right step.
Be a sign of hope to those around you.

:blessyou:

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day
our daily bread, and
forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us, and
lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil,
for Thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory
for ever and ever. Amen.

Prayer for Spiritual Dryness.

My Lord, I’m completely dry inside but I know that even out of that dryness you can bring fruit. Even if my soul is a desert and my thirst is not quenched, I know you haven’t abandoned me. So out of my wilderness, I raise my voice and my heart to you, not to make my will known, but to surrender to your will, not to get what I want, but to learn to be open to what you want for me.

I know, my Lord, that you can grow trees out of rocks and flowers out of sand, that nothing is impossible to you and there is no evil that you cannot turn into good if you will so. Take me to that point of perfect faith when I can surrender to you wholeheartedly even if you choose to hide your face from me. Help me trust in your almighty hand even when I cannot feel its warm touch, for I know you are faithful to your words and you will not abandon those who seek you in honesty and persevere in their love for you.

Use this time of trial and aridity to break the boundaries of my weakness and plant the seed of your strength in me. Let me die to my self, so that I can be born again as a new being filled with your spirit. Teach me the power of love that conquers all and overcomes all and keeps burning in spite of all the storms that try to extinguish its flame. Give me eyes to see the first signs of the dawn while the night is still dark and ears to hear the faint whispers of hope in the midst of the greatest silence. I ask you that in Jesus’ name.

Praying for you.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I just struggled through a time of spiritual dryness.
I pray that you will have time to visit an Adoration chapel and spend time with the Lord. I made a little shrine with some of my favorite sacramentals and that helped me too.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Praying hard.

Hi YosefYosep,

I have been there myself, in the past. Hang in there, and keep on praying.

My thoughts are with you. Prayers said for you.

May God bless you during this difficult time for you.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.