Spiritual Need

I came to ask for my own needs and found Mom4Truth posting almost the same request.
Please pray for me - for my emotional - but - in particular, spiritual needs. I am seriously in need spiritually - but I will not detail here. Please, a miracle is needed for my poor soul.
I ask God to bless you all for your prayers.
Please, God, help me - I’m not succeeding - Help me. Please.

Yes, both you and she have been finding things difficult for some time. I remember your posts and have kept one in my ‘subscribed threads’ as reminder to pray for you. If you’d read some of the letters that even saints have written to their spiritual directors you mightn’t feel so bad about yourself spiritually… St Padre Pio for instance…I’ll continue to keep you in my prayers. :slight_smile:

Saint Therese of Lisieux encourages us in our attempts towards holiness in our vocation to love and serve. Of her own response to the call, she wrote, “This desire could certainly appear daring if one were to consider how weak and imperfect I was, and how after seven years in the religious life, I am still weak and imperfect. I always feel, however, the same bold confidence of becoming a great saint because I do not count on my own merits since I have none, but I trust in God who is Virtue and Holiness. God alone, content with my weak efforts, will raise me to Himself and make me a saint, clothing me in His infinite merits. I didn’t think then that one had to suffer very much to reach sanctity, but God was not long in showing me this was so and in sending me the trials I have already mentioned.” Therese remarked that such holiness may “not be evident to the eyes of mortals.”

We draw hope from this saint of ‘the consecrated ordinary’, whom Pope John Paul 2 declared a Doctor of the Church on October 19, 1997. Many Sisters in her Carmelite community were unaware of the holiness of her ‘ordinary’ deeds of kindness, and doubted that anything worthwhile could appear in her obituary circular. I implore God for ‘everyday’ love and trust such as Therese maintained before temptations of doubt and suffering. Like her, in ordinariness made holy by union with Jesus our God who lived ‘the ordinary life’, we must become shining lights in an era when disbelief, humanism and self-absorption prevail.

We ask God to give us dynamic confidence that holiness is not reserved for a favoured few. As Saint Paul taught, “each soul is God’s favourite” and God desires fulfilment of each person’s call to love God above all and others as self. Every person has a unique vocation and purpose, intended to enrich each other person’s soul for all eternity.

In our struggle towards love and faith, we need to pray. Jesus ensured time for prayer in His busy travels as witness and teacher. Even great saints face difficult challenges that require much prayer. Consider the response of Saint (Padre) Pio to someone who wished him ‘a long life’ when he was already old. Suffering grievously for the salvation of souls, Padre joked, “What harm have I ever done to you!” However, he also said, “Suffering is a gift from God; blessed is he who knows how to profit by it!” Saint Paul the evangelist felt sufficiently overwhelmed at times that he struggled between the desire to give up his ‘earthly tent’ to enter heaven, and the will to serve God’s people.

These faithful disciples knew that although life is a precious gift, it seems protracted when there is yearning for beatific union with God. They knew the value of perseverance in service and prayer for others’ welfare and salvation. It is difficult to be invariably cheerful and kind in life’s difficulties, especially when dealing with abrasive, troubled or selfish individuals [or our own weaknesses]. For others’ sake, we may even experience with Jesus the ‘sadness unto death’ of sacrificial life for others.

Our vital responsibility to fulfil God’s dream in our lifetime and to intercede faithfully for others, counter-balances the weariness caused by suffering. Although each of us has unique individuality, we are created as part of God’s family in the Communion of Saints. Therefore, we must value and pray for everyone as family whose welfare and eternal salvation is vital to us. Not everyone is aware of their identity as God’s children; therefore, people of faith owe prayer and witness to others.

God, grant us buoyant dedication to the message of Jesus so that we present the person of Jesus to others, in the cheerful justice of our attitudes and behaviour. In our daily routine and in our crises, please grant us grace to live our Christian vocation faithfully in the particular charism that You desire. Grant us to live with faithful love, buoyant hope and joy, with authentic, creative humanity. Grant that we carry the person, the message and the vision of Jesus to all whom we encounter. Through Jesus Your Son, You bring our efforts and intentions to flower for our world, for our loved ones, others, and self.

Prayers for you.Rocky.

Praying for you…

Prayers promised that God’s will be done in your life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for both of you!

Praying for you…

You are in my daily prayers and I will pray for you as I pray the rosary tonight.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

Dear Conservative One,

I went to Mass after work tonight and prayed for you. I also lit a candle for you and prayed to St. Jude for his intercession. I pray you will feel the peace that our Lord wants you to experience. He is carrying you through these tough times even though it might not feel like it.

I will keep on praying.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I am praying for you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.