Spiritual reading recommendations?

I’m about to finish “Him and I” by Gabrielle Bosis and I absolutely loved it! My two other all time favorites have been The Story of a Soul and The Diary of Saint Faustina. Does anyone have any recommendations on what book I should read next?

Life of St. Anthony by St. Athanasius

Thank you crenfro! I will order it!

Teresa of Avila’s Autobiography. Also, Fr. Walter Ciszek’s With God in Russia and He Leadeth Me are my most recent recommendations.

Thank you guys! I will pick these pick up as soon as possible!

The Power of Silence by Cardinal Robert Sarah

You sound like a book worm :bug: - a book that I think you should get, perhaps just 3 bucks on eBay…
LET GO ( by Fenelon )
40 short letters - by Archbishop - to a woman.
The woman seems of royalty - who’s sick of sin.
This is during the seventeenth century -
But it’s all quite relevant -

The Virgin Mary by Fr. Raymond de Thomas de Saint-Laurent

Introduction to Christianity by Joseph Ratzinger. Every Catholic should read it and reread it every few years. It is a lot deeper than an introduction.

Julian of Norwich; “Revelations of Divine Love”, is a great source of inspiration for me. Also Francis de Sales’ "Introduction to the Devout Life". Sister Joan Noreen has said that de Sales is probably the greatest minister to the laity the church has ever had, and he lived about 400 years ago. However, this book reads like it was written entirely for today’s audience. Highly recommended. :slight_smile:

These are some of my favorites!

The Life of St. Catherine of Siena by Blessed Raymond of Capua
Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort
Autobiography of St. Ignatius
Padre Pio The True Story by Bernard Ruffin
The Golden Arrow by Sr. Mary of St. Peter
The Three Hearts by Mark Miravalle
Life and Doctrine of St. Catherine of Genoa

This is so amazing you guys! I thrive off of books so you guys don’t imagine how nice it is to give me this info! Keep ‘em comming! :joy: I am screenshooting as I go!

“Discoure to Mixed Congregations” by John Henry Newman…check out #16 in the book…it will rock your world in regards to what you thought (or never thought) about the Passion!

Im sure text of discourse 16 can be found free online…but be forewarned, while it is great. It is no easy read…requires lots of quiet reflection.

A priest of Opus Dei told me about “He and I” many years ago. I still read an entry or two every day to get my own personal prayer going. Marvelous book.

It teaches you how to pray conversationally with God, and it tends to help you pray more conversationally throughout the day, outside of one’s fixed period of prayer.

Divine Intimacy is excellent…more fixed mediations and not journal entry like He & I.

But Divine Intimacy also “teaches” a bit about our faith in little ways, here and there.

I absolutely loved “He and I” I wish more people knew about this little book! Also “Divine Intimacy” sounds great! Thank you!

‘The Screwtape Letters’ by C.S.Lewis. It’s about a demon trying to lead a christian astray. It’ll help you understand demons and how they operate.

Omg! I was actually trying to find out what book this was! I once heard a priest talk about a part in this book and I never caught the name! Thanks!

Any book by the late Archbishop Luis Martinez on the Holy Spirit. His writings on the Holy Spirit are the gold standard.

When you welcome the Holy Spirit into your life and build a relationship of love and friendship with Him, your life will be forever changed. Mine was is and always will be.

I’m not able to read tons because of my ADD but I have read of Ralph Martin’s, “Fullfillment of All Desire” and what others have to say about it, I don’t think I can recommend it highly enough.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.