Spiritual Warfare . .

A little background . . .

I have a good friend that has been going through the fire and I am convinced it is not just circumstances, but rather the enemy has his family under attack. He is not a Catholic, but over the course of the past few weeks as we have discussed the situations in his life and that of his family he has started to see the verity of many Catholic doctrines and Dogmas. He is “on the hook” so to speak and I know the Holy Spirit is reeling, but he needs prayer.

His dad molested his older brother and sister before being found out and sent to counseling (different days then, I guess). His dad is now dead for many years. Brian married pretty young and he married a girl that was repeatedly sexually abused by family members in the most brutal way for years. They had 5 girls together before she left them without much contact 6 years ago. When I was still protestant I invited him to bible study and he eventually surrendered his life to Christ and began the long road of walking that decision out. His ex tried, but owing mostly to her background and her self-medicating drug use she came to a point where she simply chose her pain and the drugs over her family. She needs prayers too.

He has since remarried, and has another child with his new wife and they are in a solid relationship. However, over the last year or so things have been hitting a wall. It began with a particular house they moved into in which the girls would awake at night screaming for no apparent reason. Brian said he often felt like he was being watched in the basement, but nothing was ever seen. His wife began to battle severe depression and even talked about suicide. Their house became infested with various critters and despite repeated calls to the exterminators the pests would always return. Brian also began having nightmares and he would be awakened at night (usually around the same time of the early morning) to what felt like heavy pressure and hands around his throat. No one there, and this happened a few times while he was still awake and watching tv. His wife witnessed this on a few occasions. During this same time his oldest daughter played the best basketball game of her life on a particular saturday night. The next morning she was paralyzed on one side. An emergency room visit later they were told it was simply pinched nerves. After her condition worsened another ER visit prompted MRI’s and nothing was found. It subsided after a few days, but there was never any solid resolution or diagnosis.

He finally moved his family and things seemed to get better. Out of the blue he was “laid-off” from the job he had held for twelve years, while others that he hired and trained were retained. About 6 months ago, his mother began sleepwalking (never before in her life) and when his girls were spending the night she would awake to their screams to find herself smacking them wildly. She had a dream recently that she told someone she was going to kill his second born. His second born, he said, has been asking him recently and with more insistence that she wants to be baptized (protestants take heed!).

I think that the spiritually astute don’t need any more information to see what is going on here, but it has also come to light in the past few months that his oldest daughter has been molesting her younger sisters ever since their birth mother left 6 years ago. She is in counseling at the top facility in the state, and according to her counselors she says she has never been molested herself, and doesn’t know why or even how she got the notion to begin with. Her sisters feel guilty for telling the truth, and her stepmother, who caught her in the act, feels like she has added to Brian’s pressures and he is straining, to say the least. They all are. His firstborn is in a locked facility and he can only see her a few hours a week.

Pray for Brian and Amanda and their 7 children. He is praying the St. Michael prayer and the Rosary and we are fasting and praying as well. He is on the hook, but more importantly right now, his family is on the line. Please remember them in your prayers and I will try to keep things updated as I get information. I have been fighting the enemy on the “front lines” since I was very young and I know his tactics when I see them. This time it’s a no-brainer. This man is like my brother and we have been through hell and back together many times. I guess we have some more visits to make, but we will not take any prisoners with the aid of good prayer warriors, The Angels of the Most High God and the Blessed Virgin whom the devils fear most of all. The enemy wants a war, he gets it.

Thank you . . .

Praying fervently for Brian and Amanda and family. I too know what it is to be close to swimming the Tiber and for the enemy to attack.

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and
snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander
through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying hard.

Update—

Brian had a little unexplained glitch with his internet yesterday (surprise, surprise) but experienced a “profound” (his word) consolation after praying the Rosary for the first time in his life. His mother fell asleep earlier than usual on the couch and slept 13 hours without incident. The doctors informed him that they are suspending all medications for his daughter as she is showing signs that she doesn’t need them. So, it sounds as if progress is being made and I truly appreciate all of the prayers. God richly bless and reward all of you, and bring the same profound consolations to you and yours.

With much love . . .EC:knight2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.