Spirituali Militum Curae

Sir,
who interprets statements contained in Apostolic Constitutions such as the Spirituali Militum Curae and to whom do we address or appeal if there are violations committed by the Military Bishop himself?
Thanks
Cita Borromeo-Garcia
Febraury 22, 2006

Did you mean to post this on the Ask the Apologist forum?

Re: spirituali Militum Curae: since this is an Apostolic Constitution, the highest of Papal orders, akin to Papal Bull, one should not trifle with it. The provisions are very clear, the functions of the Miltiary Diocese are not susceptible of ambiguity. However, my question is very reasonable because our Military Bishop, while admitting the Archdiocese of Manila has jurisidction over the shrine, still persisted on staying in the shrine which to our perception is only a ploy for their continued stay therein. The Archbishop of the Miltary Services out of delicadeza since his Archdiocese will be favored by the disclosure of who the true owner of the shrine belongs to, would rather inhibit and allow the Catholic Bishops’ conference of the Philippines decide on the issue. Thank you for your opinions.

[quote=Cita Garcia]Re: spirituali Militum Curae: since this is an Apostolic Constitution, the highest of Papal orders, akin to Papal Bull, one should not trifle with it. The provisions are very clear, the functions of the Miltiary Diocese are not susceptible of ambiguity. However, my question is very reasonable because our Military Bishop, while admitting the Archdiocese of Manila has jurisidction over the shrine, still persisted on staying in the shrine which to our perception is only a ploy for their continued stay therein. The Archbishop of the Miltary Services out of delicadeza since his Archdiocese will be favored by the disclosure of who the true owner of the shrine belongs to, would rather inhibit and allow the Catholic Bishops’ conference of the Philippines decide on the issue. Thank you for your opinions.
[/quote]

What is Spirituali Militum Curae??

Here’s the link to spirutuali Militum Curae, in Italian, Spanish, Portugese, and Latin, but not in English. It’s a 1986 Apostolic Constitution of John Paul II.

You can search and find articles about it, but I wasn’t able to find the actual document in English.

Mr. Garcia, perhaps someone here could help you with your question. I don’t expect I could, but if you give some basic information about the situation, that would help others to know what is going on. Your post where you talked about the shrine in the Phillippines didn’t give much to go on.

Remember, probably nobody else knows about the situation you’re trying to describe, but if you describe it and tell what the controversy is, then maybe you can get some good advice.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.