SPLIT: Baptized multiple times unknowingly?

[edited] I heard a story about this that really made me laugh. So my fifth grade teacher's grandchild was born prematurely, and on the way into the operating room the doctor, who was Catholic but didn't know if the parents were, gave the child an emergency baptism. Then, the parents of the child gave it a regular parish baptism. Finally, the child's other grandmother, who had difficulty believing that her children were really keeping the faith alive, took the child into the bathroom when she was babysitting him and baptized him a third time in her sink. So the kid got baptized a total of three times. or depending on how you interpret canon law two I guess. However, I don't really want to talk about if they are legit or not. I just wondered if any of you have similar stories. I feel like this can't be an isolated incident. Thanks!!!!????!!!?!?!?!

There was an All in the Family episode about this. Archie baptizes his grandchild himself against the parents' wishes. Assuming the infant wasn't baptized before the taping of the show, that might've been a valid baptism. Archie was played by Carroll O'Connor, a Catholic. What's the penalty for performing an illicit baptism?

aaa

[quote="johnmann, post:2, topic:321159"]
There was an All in the Family episode about this. Archie baptizes his grandchild himself against the parents' wishes. Assuming the infant wasn't baptized before the taping of the show, that might've been a valid baptism. Archie was played by Carroll O'Connor, a Catholic. What's the penalty for performing an illicit baptism?

[/quote]

No baptism will take place without intention. On a show the intention is not to baptize but to produce a show therefore no valid baptism.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.