SPLIT: Definition of baptism

Here’s how you know:

1. Does the church adhere to the Bible and preach the truth from it? In other words, do they not cut things out, add things, or preach against Scripture?

2. Are they baptizing someone who is proclaiming faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then the baptism is valid.

Absolutely untrue. This is not what the Church teaches about baptism. Please note that this is the Liturgy & Sacraments forum, where we discussion the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church, not Non-Catholic Religions.

The Church teaches that baptisms are valid when proper form, matter and intent are followed. The posters above have adequately touched on all requirements for a valid Catholic baptism. Please do not confuse the thread by introducing some random Christian teachings. What you describe does not necessarily constitute a valid baptism.

Please show me in the Bible where what I said is untrue. What were the apostles doing in the book of Acts? They were preaching truth and then baptizing new believers in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as Jesus commanded them. I don’t recall Jesus requiring specific proper form or rituals.

I’m not trying to confuse the thread, but rather give truths from the Bible.

aaa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.