SPLIT: Does the Mass = the Gospel?

Hello SMHW,

That was an excellant post, and I would like to add that it appears that no one is reading their Bibles to see if all these “new Masses” are following the Gospel. The Bible clearly states that the Catholic Chruch will be jusdged first, and it seems to me like we are almost there!

We read in I Peter 4:17:

“For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?”

That was the King James Version, now here is the Catholic New American Bible Version:

“The season of judgment has begun, and begun with God’s own household. If it begins this way with us, what must be the end for those who refuse obedience to the gospel of God?”

I assume that in this verse God is speaking about a preparatory time for God’s judgment to come, and it’s to begin in the Catholic Church. Probably will be the end of the Church Age for both Ordinary/Extraordinary, but the verse makes me wonder which one refused obedience to the Gospel? It could be either one? It’s just something that caught my attention, because of the split over the two or three forms of Mass. The Mass is thought of as the Gospel. Is that correct?

Richard

aaa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.