Split: EMHC training and materials?

Thanks to those who answered this question. I had the same one.
I am currently studying/training to become an Extraordinary Eucharistic Minister. Can anyone think of web resources that might be useful? I have a CD from a workshop to watch but the quality is poor and would love to have additional resources.
Thanks,

Creola

aaa

I don’t know of anything general. Our diocese requires in person training at both the diocesean and parish level. Is there anything on your diocese website? You can check other diocese also. Certain policies will be specific to thediocese or parish though (such as when to approach the altar or when to receive the pyx to take communion to the homebound.)

Also, the proper term for what you are training to be is “extraordinary minister of Holy Communion,” abbreviated EMHC. The Eucharistic Minister is the priest or bishop, according to the Instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum:

[154.] As has already been recalled, “the only minister who can confect the Sacrament of the Eucharist in persona Christi is a validly ordained Priest”. Hence the name “minister of the Eucharist” belongs properly to the Priest alone. …]
(Sicut iam memoratum est, «minister, qui in persona Christi sacramentum Eucharistiae conficere valet, est solus Sacerdos valide ordinatus». Vnde nomen «minister Eucharistiae» proprie ad solum Sacerdotem spectat.)

(I know this is an old post but thought it might be helpful to someone who finds it by searching…)

Here are a few books I found extremely helpful:

1. Guide for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion by Riley and Turner

2. Communion of the Sick (Church handbook, 9780814634554) Awesome!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.