SPLIT: Here is what we Christians have a problem with, concerning Catholic doctrines:

Hi, My name is Selma Kelly of OC, Cal. I’m a Protestant and also baptized in the Holy Spirit, as shown in Acts Chapter 2 and Acts Chapter 19.

About Hail Marys. Jesus said “chanting” is a FORBIDDEN heathen practice. Take a look …

Matt 6: 7-9: And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them.

Further, chanting defies basic principles of faith. Why do we need to pray something over and over? Do we not have faith that God heard us “the first time”?

Further, nowhere did Jesus say to “ask anything” in Miriam’s name (that’s her real name). At all times He said “Ask in My name”. See John Chapters 14, 15 to 16 throughout.

John 14:14: If you ask anything IN MY NAME I will do it.

Further, no dead person has ever earned the right to hear prayer or answer prayer. Only Christ earned this right on the Cross.

1 Tim 2:5: For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…

Only One ! ! ! As for mysteries of prayer and rosaries … Christ died openly on a city garbage dump. He does NOTHING in “mysterious ways” but used clear and simple methods that speak to EVERYONE … rich, poor … dumb, smart …black, white.

I have a very special scripture meant for your personally … Proverbs 10:22. May it rest upon your house forever.

Best regards In Him. sk.

Good Morning, my name is Selma Kelly, a Christian from OC, Cal, also baptized in the Holy Spirit according to Acts Chapter 2 and Chapter 19. Here is what we Christians have a problem with, concerning Catholic doctrines:

1. Praying to Miriam and statues of dead people:

(Her name is Miriam, not Mary.) No mortal has the right to hear or answer prayer because they didn’t earn this right on the cross. Christ alone is our High Priest and Mediator.

1st Tim 2:5: For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…

Christ also told us throughout John Chapters 14, 15 & 16 to ask ONLY in His name…

John 14:14: If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

1. Chanting over Rosaries:

Christ said God will NOT answer “chanting”. He was very specific when He said …

Matt 6: 7-9: And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think they will be heard for their many words. Therefore DO NOT be like them.

Please notice also that in Miriam’s prophecy … “My soul does magnify the Lord” … she calls God “My Savior”. This means, she was a normal person, like all of us, who also needed a Savior.

1. Teaching Purgatory:

There is no such thing as this place. Catholics use 1st Corinthians 3:10 as “proof” of Purgatory, which is ludicrous. If you read this passage, Paul is talking about Life In Christ and how difficult it can get sometimes. It does NOT speak of the afterlife.

Further, God said The Blood of Christ washes away ALL sins, which means under this Blood, there is no need for further punishment after death. Take a look…

John 1:29: John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who TAKES AWAY the sin of the world."

1. Teaching Limbus Infantium:

This is a false teaching. No mention of this anywhere in the NT and OT. Jesus used children as “the standard” of what we need to become to get into Heaven, so we already know they’re innocent. Augustine had the audacity to say unbaptized kids will “go to the place of the damned”. In having said this, he makes himself greater than Christ because Christ never said anything like this EVER !

Further, nobody has to “pay for the original sin”. The
"original sin" was not committed here on Earth by man. It was committed by Satan in Heaven and pre-dates even Adam and Eve! So, no need to go send babies to Purgatory. Christ paid it IN FULL on the Cross for all of us ! ! !

Further, Pope Benedict in his 1984 radio address stated Limbus Infantium has never been a proven doctrine and therefore does not endorse this. Last month he said it again which hit the world-wide news.

1. Confessions: The Apostle John said in 1st John 1:9 that if we confess our sins TO CHRIST, He is faithful to forgive us our sins. However, it also says in James 5:16-18 to “confess our sins with one another so that you will be healed”. No problem with that. We all know “talking things out” is a great help. But if we choose to talk to Christ alone, this is not a sin. The Apostle John said Christ is all we need.

Hello,

Re: the Rosary may “not” be in the Bible but the Bible is in the Rosary, 18/20 times. Sola Scriptura is not in the Bible.
Please reply,
tdtm@CharlesRizzo.com
www.truedevotiontomary.net Under construction

THANK YOU FOR THAT. I love it when Christians know their scripture.

signed Pentecostal.

Let’s see what Christ said about this, okay?

Matt 6: 7-9: And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them.

Thanks and please have a good day.

He does nothing in mysterious ways? So you have the audacity to claim to understand the infinite will of God made manifest in the Word made flesh, Jesus His son? You a finite creature would even pretend to understand the mysteries of God? Wow Satan has a friend.

Yes, I sure do have the “audacity” to know the infinite will of God for the simple reason that … HE LISTS HIS WILL … right there in the Word.

By the way, you sound just like those religious fanatics that used to hide the Words of Christ from commoners. HA ! Pretty funny.

So okay, here we go … the will of God for all mankind, comin’ right up …

1. Abundant Life = Health / Prosperity / Success:

John 10:10: The thief (satan) comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come to give them Abundant Life.

3rd John 1:2: Beloved, I WILL above all things that you prosper and be in good health, the same way your mind prospers. (original text)

Mark 16:15-18 “Go into all the world and preach the gospel… And these signs WILL follow those who believe: In My name they WILL cast out demons; speak with new tongues…they WILL lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

James 5:14-15: Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, they WILLpray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith WILL save the sick, and the Lord WILL raise him up…

Philipians 4:19: And my God WILL supply all your need according to His RICHES in glory by Christ Jesus. (original text)

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Proverbs 19:23: The fear of the Lord leads to abundandant life, and he that has this fear WILL abide in never ending satisfaction, and no evil WILL befall him.

Psalms 91: He shall call upon Me, and I WILL answer him; I WILL be with him in trouble; I WILL deliver him and honor him. With long life I WILL satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”

The will of God is not a “mystery” and can be found right there in your Christian Bible. (Sorry, I don’t know what your Catholic Bible says because it comes from the Vulgate).

But the will of God cannot be dispersed or rationed out by popes and priests (or hidden from commoners for 1,000 years like the Vatican did back in the day.)

The will of God is a LIVING DOCUMENT available to every man, woman and child to see. And when God speaks His will and His blessings, it is not meant just for “the saints” … but rather, all mankind, and that includes you.

You have a good day now and it was a pleasure talking with you.

Selma Kelly
Your Servant in Christ.

Hello, Selma. Welcome to the forum.

About Hail Marys. Jesus said “chanting” is a FORBIDDEN heathen practice. Take a look …

First of all, although the rosary is repetitious, it is not a *vain *repetition. My dictionary defines *vain *as ineffectual or unsuccessful or without purpose.

I’m glad you included the entire quote of Matt 6:7-9. You’ll notice it says not to use vain repetitions–but in a certain way, that is, as the heathen do. For they think they will be heard for their many words.

Well, we don’t pray the rosary because we think we will be heard for our many words. Therefore, we’re not praying as the heathen does.

If you have a problem with prayer being repetitious, you will have to take it up with the angels. After all, day and night they do not stop exclaiming “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty who was, and who is, and who is to come.” Rev. 4:8

Further, chanting defies basic principles of faith. Why do we need to pray something over and over? Do we not have faith that God heard us “the first time”?

Well, if this is true, does that mean I should praise God only once? After all, he heard me the first time, didn’t he?

Further, nowhere did Jesus say to “ask anything” in Miriam’s name (that’s her real name).

Please show me the scriptural ban on praying to Mary. (And I’ll call her Mary, since that’s what she’s called in my Bible. You can call her Miriam if you like. It’s the same name.)

At all times He said “Ask in My name”. See John Chapters 14, 15 to 16 throughout.

We don’t ask for things in the name of Mary. We do, however, ask for things in the name of Christ. If you attend a Catholic Mass, I think you may be surprised at how often we ask for something in Christ’s name.

Further, no dead person has ever earned the right to hear prayer or answer prayer. Only Christ earned this right on the Cross.

They’re not dead. They’re alive in Christ. Mark 12:26-27.

1 Tim 2:5: For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…

Well, amen! Of course we believe this. But you’re assuming we consider Mary a mediator like Christ. She’s an intercessor, just like anybody is when he prays for another person. If you’ve ever prayed for someone besides yourself (and I’m sure you have!), you’re an intercessor too.

Only One ! ! ! As for mysteries of prayer and rosaries … Christ died openly on a city garbage dump. He does NOTHING in “mysterious ways” but used clear and simple methods that speak to EVERYONE … rich, poor … dumb, smart …black, white.

The fact that Christianity is so divided should show that what you call “clear and simple methods” are not so easily understood by all.

I have a very special scripture meant for your personally … Proverbs 10:22. May it rest upon your house forever.

Best regards In Him. sk.

And may some of the “wealth” the Lord brings be a wealth of knowledge to us all.

YOU ARE STILL TRYING TO FLATTER YOURSELF PRETENDING TO KNOW THE INFINITE BEING OF GOD. tHER IS NO WAY THAT YOU WITH YOUR FINITE MIND COULD BEGIN TO FATHOM THE INFINITE. SATAN BEFORE HIS FALL WITH HIS ANGELS THOUGHT HE WAS AS INTELLIGENT AS GOD. ALL YOU ARE DOING IS QUOTING SCRIPTURE OUT OF CONTEXT IN A FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN OR CORROBERATE WHATEVER YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY.

HUMBLE YOURSELF AND ASK FOR GUIDANCE. cOME HOME TO JESUS’ TRUE CHURCH. YOU ARE PETER AND ON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH. I WILL PPRAY FOR YOU. you really should learn more about theology beyond. You will get no further e-mails since you are an extremely angry person. Repent.

Alan

Selma, I’m sure you didn’t mean the above as an insult, but it is. You imply that Catholics are not Christians.

1. Praying to Miriam and statues of dead people:

I’ve covered praying to Mary above.

We do not pray to statues. Where on earth did you get that idea? Please give us the courtesy of believing we have enough intelligence to tell the difference between a chunk of plaster and a person.

(Her name is Miriam, not Mary.) No mortal has the right to hear or answer prayer because they didn’t earn this right on the cross. Christ alone is our High Priest and Mediator.

1st Tim 2:5: For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…

Christ also told us throughout John Chapters 14, 15 & 16 to ask ONLY in His name…

John 14:14: If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Already addressed above.

1. Chanting over Rosaries:

Christ said God will NOT answer “chanting”. He was very specific when He said …

Matt 6: 7-9: And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think they will be heard for their many words. Therefore DO NOT be like them.

Also already covered above.

Please notice also that in Miriam’s prophecy … “My soul does magnify the Lord” … she calls God “My Savior”. This means, she was a normal person, like all of us, who also needed a Savior.

Of course we believe Mary needed a Savior. We believe, however, that God saved her from sin by making her conception immaculate. If you want to discuss that in detail, please begin a thread about it.

I do take exception to saying Mary is “like all of us.” I notice you left out the part in your quote above where she said all generations would call her blessed. If she’s like all us, then all generations would call each of us blessed too.

1. Teaching Purgatory:

There is no such thing as this place. Catholics use 1st Corinthians 3:10 as “proof” of Purgatory, which is ludicrous. If you read this passage, Paul is talking about Life In Christ and how difficult it can get sometimes. It does NOT speak of the afterlife.

Further, God said The Blood of Christ washes away ALL sins, which means under this Blood, there is no need for further punishment after death. Take a look…

John 1:29: John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who TAKES AWAY the sin of the world."

This is a subject for another thread. I don’t want to derail this one, but I will say, briefly, that nowhere in your scripture quote does it say the Lamb of God takes away both the sin and all the punishment for it. David’s sin was forgiven, but he was still punished for it.

1. Teaching Limbus Infantium:

This is a false teaching. No mention of this anywhere in the NT and OT. Jesus used children as “the standard” of what we need to become to get into Heaven, so we already know they’re innocent. Augustine had the audacity to say unbaptized kids will “go to the place of the damned”. In having said this, he makes himself greater than Christ because Christ never said anything like this EVER !

You don’t have to shout. Limbo is not now, nor has it ever been, a teaching of the Church.

Further, nobody has to “pay for the original sin”. The
"original sin" was not committed here on Earth by man. It was committed by Satan in Heaven and pre-dates even Adam and Eve! So, no need to go send babies to Purgatory. Christ paid it IN FULL on the Cross for all of us ! ! !

By “original sin” we mean the first sin committed by humans. We don’t mean sins committed by other creatures.

Further, Pope Benedict in his 1984 radio address stated Limbus Infantium has never been a proven doctrine and therefore does not endorse this. Last month he said it again which hit the world-wide news.

As I stated above, it has never been a teaching of the Church. You are arguing against things we don’t believe.

1. Confessions: The Apostle John said in 1st John 1:9 that if we confess our sins TO CHRIST, He is faithful to forgive us our sins. However, it also says in James 5:16-18 to “confess our sins with one another so that you will be healed”. No problem with that. We all know “talking things out” is a great help. But if we choose to talk to Christ alone, this is not a sin. The Apostle John said Christ is all we need.

This is also a subject for another thread, and if you wish to discuss it, please start one.

Hi Selma,
A quick primer on the “Hail Mary” prayer, an then on the Rosary itself.

Let's dissect the "Hail Mary" and see it's origins:

Hail, Mary, full of grace.  The Lord is with thee... - The greeting of the angel Gabriel to Mary the mother of Jesus.  Biblical so far, no?

Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb...- The greeting of Elizabeth on her cousin's arrival at her home.  Still biblical.

Jesus...The name of the Son of God, our Savior.  Pretty biblical.

Holy Mary, mother of God...Jesus is God, Mary is the mother of Jesus.  Still with me?

Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death...Christians invoking the favor of another Christian's prayer for themselves.  A practice heartily condoned in the Bible.

The Rosary is not merely the repetion of these prayers, but is a form of contemplative prayer.  While praying the Hail Mary (and the Our Father, another Biblical prayer you may be familiar with) we contemplate scenes from the life of Christ and His mother.  I'm certain that if you type the word "Rosary" into your search engine, you'll come up with more explanations of the episodes of Christ's life which we meditate on while praying, along with their Biblical roots than I could do justice to here.  I'll list just a few for your consideration here.  The Birth of Jesus, the Presntation of Jesus in the Temple, The Baptism of Jesus, the Wedding at Cana, the Proclamation of the Kingdom, the Agony in the Garden, the Crucifixion, the Resurection.  I fail to see anything non-biblical here.

Sounds like you are making an assumption that praying the rosary is “vain repetition”. I have never known anyone who enjoyed this devotion that thougth of it this way. It is a form of scriptural meditation. It may be unfamiliar t protestants (although Luther prayed his rosary daily), but it is not different than praying the same scripture throughout the day.

Hi Selma,

In answer to your question:

THE WORDS OF SCRIPTURE ARE NOT “VAIN”. JESUS DID NOT CONDEMN PRAYER BUT “VAIN REPETITION”. SO WHY DO WE PRAY FOR THE SAME THING MORE THAN ONCE?

THE HOLY ROSARY: A COMPENDIUM OF THE GOSPEL (ARE YOU FAMILAR WITH IT?) THERE ARE 20 MYSTERIES—ALL EXCEPT FOR THE LAST TWO-- ARE STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BIBLE. SO, WHEN WE PRAY IT, WE ARE MEDITATING ON SCRIPTURE.

1. THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES (WE CALL THEM MYSTERIES BECAUSE THEY ARE MEDITATIONS FROM SCRIPTURE WHICH WE CAN NEVER FULLY UNDERSTAND —THEY ARE LIKE A FOUNTAIN WHICH NEVER ENDS): THE ANNUNCIATION, THE VISITATION, THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST, THE PRESENTATION AT THE TEMPLE, THE LOSS OF JESUS AT THE TEMPLE.
  2. THE MYSTERIES OF LIGHT (ADDED BY THE LATE, GREAT HOLY FATHER, POPE JOHN PAUL II, THE SUCCESSOR OF ST. PETER AS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH ON EARTH, AFTER 700 YEARS—AT A TIME WHEN WE DESPERATELY NEED THE LIGHT OF CHRIST): CHRIST’S BAPTISM IN THE JORDAN, CHRIST’S SELF-MANIFESTATION AT THE WEDDING IN CANA (AT THE REQUEST OF HIS MOTHER—MARY MEDIATE’S FOR US—IN OTHER WORDS, PRAYED (ASKED—JUST AS WE DO WHEN OTHERS PRAY TO JESUS (GOD) FOR US), CHRIST’S PROCLAMATION OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, THE TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD, CHRIST’S INSTITUTION OF THE EUCHARIST (WHICH WE CELEBRATE EVERYDAY AT HOLY MASS (“I WILL BE WITH YOU ALWAYS UNTIL THE END OF TIME—MIND, BODY, SOUL AND DIVINTY—REMEMBER CHRIST’S BODY IS FROM MARY)
  3. THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES: THE AGONY OF CHRIST IN THE GARDEN, THE SCOURGING AT THE PILLAR (THE PILLAR WHICH PROTESTANTS ACCEPT IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE GARDEN WAS HANDED DOWN TO US BY CATHOLIC TRADITION—THAT’S WHY “SCRIPTURE ALONE”, WHICH BY THE WAY IS NOT MENTIONED ONCE IN THE BIBLE—IN FACT, ST. JOHN SAID IT HIMSELF IN 21:25 (PARAPHRASE: “THERE ARE MANY THINGS THAT JESUS SAID THAT ARE NOT IN THE BIBLE”—ST. PAUL QUOTES JESUS, WHICH IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND IN THE BIBLE—I’M SORRY I CAN’T RECALL WHAT LETTER OR VERSE BUT, IF YOU WANT I’LL TRY TO FIND IT FOR YOU—THE POINT IS THAT IT WAS PASSED ON BY TRADITION NOT THE BIBLE), THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS, THE CRUCIFIXION
    continued in other post …

Continued for Selma …
4. THE GLORIUS MYSTERIES: THE RESSURECTION, THE ASCENSION OF CHRIST, THE DESCENT UPON THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY AND THE APOSTLE’S (I.E.,IF YOU READ SCRIPTURE CLOSELY, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT MARY WAS PRESENT AT KEY MOMENTS—HIS FIRST MIRACLE AT THE REQUEST OF HIS MOTHER, THE CRUCIXION, PENTACOST (THE BEGINNING OF THE CHURCH)), THE ASSUMPTION OF MARY (NB ELIJAH WAS TAKEN UP (MIND, BODY, AND SOUL)—WHY WOULDN’T JESUS DO THE SAME FOR HIS MOTHER?—“HONOR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER” WHICH HE BEING GOD INSPIRED MOSES TO WRITE—ALSO, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE APPEARANCE OF MOSES AND ELIJAH—LONG AFTER THEIR DEATH—AS JESUS SAID, “I AM THE GOD OF THE LIVING NOT OF THE DEAD.”?? YOU MAY ASK, “HOW DOES MARY HEAR OUR PRAYER—CONSIDER GUARDIAN ANGELS AND A “DIVINE INTERNET”—IF WE CAN DO IT, WHY CAN’T GOD?) NOW TO CONTINUE WITH “VAIN REPETITION”. IS JESUS CONDEMNING REPETITION OR PRAYER? WELL, THAT WOULD CONTRADICT THE BIBLE. SEE MT 6:7—DO NOT BABBLE LIKE THE PAGANS WITH THEIR MANY WORDS, 1 KGS 18:25-29—EXAMPLE OF VAIN REPETION: CALL BAAL FOR HOURS, MT 26:44—JESUS PRAYED A THIRD TIME, SAYING THE SAME WORDS, LK 18:13—COLLECTOR KEPT BEATING HIS BREAST AND PRAYING: BE MERCIFUL, REV 4:8—ANGELS AND THE SAINTS REPEAT DAY AND NIGHT, “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE LORD”, 1 THESS 5:17 –PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. ACCORDING TO YOU, PRAYING THE OUR FATHER (TAUGHT BY JESUS HIMSELF), THE HAIL MARY (GOD’S WORDS DELIVERED TO MARY BY THE ANGEL) AND APOSTLES’S CREED ARE VAIN AND SHOULD NOT BE SAID MORE THAN ONCE. ALSO, WHY DO PROTESTANTS NOT REFER TO MARY AS “BLESSED” AS SCRIPTURE SAYS IN LK 1: “ALL GENERATIONS SHALL CALL ME BLESSED”. SINCE SHE IS THE MOTHER OF THE BODY OF CHRIST, OF WHICH ARE MEMBERS AND CHRIST IS OUR BROTHER, THEN SHE IS OUR MOTHER TOO—AND WE SHOULD HONOR HER AS HER SON DOES—THE 4TH COMMANDMENT, THE FIRST THREE ARE ABOUT GOD—THESE ARE THE TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS SUMMARIZED BY CHRIST AND ST. PAUL.

1. WE START WITH THE SIGN OF THE CROSS ON THE CRUCIFIX: “IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT”. AMEN. (I BELIEVE). THE HOLY TRINITY WHICH MOST PROTESTANTS BELIEVE IS NOT EXPLICIT IN THE BIBLE. IT WAS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WHICH DEFINED IT.

2. THE ROSARY IS CHRISTO-CENTRIC: NEXT, WE PRAY “THE APOSTLES’ CREED”—A COMPENDIUM OF THE GOSPEL AS TAUGHT BY THE APOSTLES’, HANDED DOWN BY TRADITION (SAME AS THE BIBLE FOR THE FIRST THREE HUNDRED YEARS—I ASK YOU WHAT KEPT THE CHURCH TOGETHER UNTIL THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS COMPILED BY THE SECOND COUNCIL AND ST. AUGUSTINE, ALL CATHOLIC. THE FIRST CHURCH COUNCIL IS DESCRIBED IN ACTS 15:35 AND HEADED BY OUR FIRST POPE, ST. PETER. HE HAD THE FINAL WORD

3. NEXT WE PRAY THE OUR FATHER SIX TIMES, 53 HAIL MARY’S (ALL FROM SCRIPTURE), GLORY BE TO THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT … AND A HAIL HOLY QUEEN—SHE IS THE QUEEN-MOTHER AS KING DAVID’S WAS IN HIS KINGDOM

4. THE FIRST PROTESTANTS (FATHER MARTIN LUTHER, CALVIN, HENRY VIII ALL HAD A GREAT DEVOTION TO MARY. IF LUTHER WAS HERE TODAY AT A PROTESTANT SERVICE, HE WOULD NOT REGOGNIZE IT)

5. AT THE END OF THE ROSARY, WHEN WE ARRIVE AGAIN AT THE CRUCIFIX—THE ROSARY IS CHRISTO-CENTRIC. READ POPE JOHN II’S LETTER ON THE ROSARY.
    vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_20021016_rosarium-virginis-mariae_en.html

Any more questions? … Please write.

Sincerely yours in Christ through Mary,
Charles
www.truedevotiontomary.net

Dear Selma,

I hope you got my complete message. If not, e-mail me again at tdtm@charlesrizzo.com

God bless,
Charles

That’s nice…

Have you ever known anyone who chanted the Rosary? The majority of us who pray the Rosary do not chant it. However, chant, and by this I mean the form of singing (AKA Gregorian Chant) is one of the most beautiful, worshipful, and uplifting forms of hymns you will ever find.

Furthermore Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16 both encourage this, but nowhere in any passage of the Word of God does it specify “chanting” as wrong.

Further, nowhere did Jesus say to “ask anything” in Miriam’s name (that’s her real name). At all times He said “Ask in My name”. See John Chapters 14, 15 to 16 throughout.

Oh, I’m sorry, did you fail to hear the beginning and end of our prayers when we say, “In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.” Only someone totally devoid of actual knowledge of the Catholic faith would ever imply that any intercession we ask of the Blessed Virgin is not Christocentric. Our Lord is the reason that any of us pray at all.

Only One ! ! !

Catholics fully agree with that verse you have cited. However, to quote the Lord Himself, “…Do ye not therefore err, because you know not the scriptures, nor the power of God?” (Mark 12:24) Let me suggest that you listen to this MP3 Bible study (and please, bring your Bible out to follow along) on the Communion of Saints, which you do not seem to understand.

As for mysteries of prayer and rosaries … Christ died openly on a city garbage dump. He does NOTHING in “mysterious ways” but used clear and simple methods that speak to EVERYONE … rich, poor … dumb, smart …black, white.

:smiley: The mysteries of the Rosary are called that because they are the amazing aspects of the life of Christ, which, regardless of who you are, no one can answer for the very real mystery of why God bothers to love us the way He does and why He would be willing to sacrifice His only Divine Son for such as we. That is something that becomes more and more deeply impressed upon me as I pray the Rosary and meditate upon those mysteries that you decry…

We can recite the passages of scripture that teach us these things, but I doubt that anyone can or will ever really be able to say that they fully understand it or appreciate it. THAT’s what the Rosary is all about.

22 The blessing of the Lord maketh men rich: neither shall affliction be joined to them.

Thank you, but most all of us are more suited to Tobit 4:23. Fear not, my son: we lead indeed a poor life, but we shall have many good things if we fear God, and depart from all sin, and do that which is good. :thumbsup:

Thread split because it addresses too many divergent topics and derailed original thread. Please, carry on.
MF

I seem to recall a parable where the woman keeps pleading her case to the judge repeatedly. The judge gives in, because of her persistence.

Does this sound familiar to anyone who prays the rosary?

What are your thoughts on this Susan?

Just curious: have you prayed the Lord’s Prayer more than once?

You might consider doing your research before you decide to start preaching. It is also rather presumptuous of you to think you know which Bible(s) I am using.

This is a baseless and calumnous accusation. This sort of expression is considered a violation of the forum rules.

Show me where it says that in your Bible? :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.