SPLIT: May a friend baptize me?

[edited]

Okay I'm teenager just under the driving age, I've been a wanna be Catholic since iw as 11. Does this mean one of my Catholic friends can baptise me, or do I have to be dying in front of them? I'm very confused. I'm willing to serve the Church with undying loyalty. I would go all the way for the Church, I live a Christian life, and I do my best to do as God pleases. Can my friend who's a Catholic (very faithful but still a little bit uninformed) baptise me?

aaa

no.

Not unless say your dying...

It was an emergency situation (you’re imminently going to die), anyone can baptise you. Otherwise, go talk to the priest.

It you are lucky enough that this friend happens to be a priest, then yes (with your parents permission if you are underage).

You might have to wait until your 18.

[quote="The_Holy_War_11, post:1, topic:314973"]
[edited]

Okay I'm teenager just under the driving age, I've been a wanna be Catholic since iw as 11. Does this mean one of my Catholic friends can baptise me, or do I have to be dying in front of them? I'm very confused. I'm willing to serve the Church with undying loyalty. I would go all the way for the Church, I live a Christian life, and I do my best to do as God pleases. Can my friend who's a Catholic (very faithful but still a little bit uninformed) baptise me?

[/quote]

You should contact a Catholic priest. Except in an emergency, a Catholic priest should be the one to baptize you. Even if you have to wait a couple years do to your age, keep studying and defending the Catholic Faith. :thumbsup: In the early Church, it was common for those desiring baptism to have three years of instruction before being baptized. :)

[quote="Evan, post:5, topic:314973"]
It you are lucky enough that this friend happens to be a priest, then yes (with your parents permission if you are underage).

[/quote]

Or a deacon or a bishop. All three levels of Holy Orders are ordinary ministers of Baptism.

[quote="The_Holy_War_11, post:1, topic:314973"]
[edited]

[/quote]

Absolutely not unless you are on the verge of death and a priest is not available.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.