SPLIT: MHFM attacks the Divine Mercy Devotion!?

I know this probably not the best place to post this, but at the expense of not having to open a whole new thread I fugured I would post here.

My question is, is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy "evil"? if you go to this link and read it, it seems that some strange things were said to St. Faustina.

mostholyfamilymonastery.com/41_Dmercy.pdf

Don’t believe anything that you find at that site. That is the Dimond brother’s site and they are sede-vacantist cult leaders in schism from the Church.

Do a forum search about Most Holy family Monastery and you’ll see they’ve been discussed a lot. Serious lies and worse…

The DMC is a beautiful and powerful devotion straight from Our Lord Himself. I suggest that you check out the Divine Mercy in my soul. The Diary of Sister Faustina Kowalska for yourself. The Holy Spirit will do the rest.

[quote="Church_Militant, post:2, topic:251456"]
Don't believe anything that you find at that site. That is the Dimond brother's site and they are sede-vacantist cult leaders in schism from the Church.

Do a forum search about Most Holy family Monastery and you'll see they've been discussed a lot. Serious lies and worse...

The DMC is a beautiful and powerful devotion straight from Our Lord Himself. I suggest that you check out the Divine Mercy in my soul. The Diary of Sister Faustina Kowalska for yourself. The Holy Spirit will do the rest.

[/quote]

Ahh, thats who the Dimond Brothers are? Makes sense, I have heard a lot about them on here. Isnt the stuf that they pointed out unusual though? Maybe ya'll could explain a little.

Ahh, thats who the Dimond Brothers are? Makes sense, I have heard a lot about them on here. Isnt the stuf that they pointed out unusual though? Maybe ya’ll could explain a little.

[quote="NorthTexan88, post:3, topic:251456"]
Ahh, thats who the Dimond Brothers are? Makes sense, I have heard a lot about them on here. Isnt the stuf that they pointed out unusual though? Maybe ya'll could explain a little.

[/quote]

Have you ever read St. Faustina's diary? I'm still reading it myself. a good time investment. Lemme take a look at what those weirdos have alleged.

[quote="Church_Militant, post:5, topic:251456"]
Have you ever read St. Faustina's diary? I'm still reading it myself. a good time investment. Lemme take a look at what those weirdos have alleged.

[/quote]

Unforunatly I havnt, I need to buy it in book form bc I have a hard time reading a lot over the internet. That would be great, thanks!

Okay, here goes…

First, notice that the author didn’t even read her diary and offers quotes out of context, a typical attack ploy used by anti-Catholics.

The above statements present a number of problems. The first problem is the promotion of Communion in the hand, which is supposedly endorsed by Our Lord. The Host flies into her hand numerous times; Our Lord supposedly says that He desires to rest in her hands. We believe this is a diabolical snare to get Communion in the hand accepted intellectually in advance of the Vatican II religion.

Hot news flash, these guys don’t accept Vatican II and CITH is not a problem so long as the local bishops allow it. There is also some ECF evidence that it was practiced in the early church.

One of the reasons that the devotion was suppressed is that it wasn’t that known outside of Poland and it was a long while before they could produce a good translation of it.

Another point…these guys are schismatic sede-vacantist cultists. Where is their authority to question, attack, or approve/disapprove didlly anything at all. The fact is they don’t have any. Period.

Second, we see unnecessary praise heaped upon this sister. We see things said to her supposedly by Our Lord that wouldn’t foster humility, but vanity – that she is basically the greatest thing in the world. We don’t believe Our Lord would ever instruct her to tell her superior that she is the most faithful daughter in the Order. Our Lord could have told the superior such a thing, if he wanted it known.

Again… they haven’t read the book they are attacking. Read it for yourself…St. Faustina was a very humble, shy, and retiring person. Unlike the Dimond brothers…

Third, we see that Sr. Faustina is told that God’s spark – which will prepare the world for His Second Coming – comes out of Poland! This has been interpreted to mean that God’s chosen person was John Paul II, who was from Poland! Since we know that John Paul II was an apostate a non-Catholic antipope, a man who endorsed the false religions of the world, this shows us again that Sr. Faustina’s revelations were from the Devil. In fact, it shows us how much the Devil
wanted to prop up support for John Paul II.

This one speaks for itself. It is nothing more than a gross misrepresentation of the diary’s content and context. as for their attacks on Pope John Paul the Great…they’re talking through their hats.

Fourth, the Divine Mercy Devotion is centered around mercy at a time when mankind was
coming closer and closer to having filled up the cup of divine justice. The problem at that time, and today, of course, was that men didn’t fear God and continued to offend Him. They needed to hear about His justice. But the Divine Mercy devotion was the perfect false devotion and message to make people believe that they will receive God’s mercy even if they stay in their sins; it even instructs people to “worship” His mercy.

Just more gross misrepresentations of the DMC. Stop and think about it for yourself…What is the only thing that can possibly save us from the wrath to come? God’s unfathomable Divine Mercy as displayed for us by the shed blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. The New Testament tells us, "12] So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty. 13] For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy; yet mercy triumphs over judgment. " (James 2)

Fifth, and perhaps most importantly, would God reveal a new devotion to be said on the beads of the Rosary shortly after His Mother came to Fatima to work a profound miracle to reveal, among other things, the necessity of the Rosary? The specific direction given to Sister Faustina for the Divine Mercy Devotion to be prayed on the beads of the Rosary is clearly, we believe, the Devil’s substitute for the Rosary. And we’ve seen it used that way with so many souls. The Divine
Mercy Devotion is a clever counterfeit which, being traditional in so many ways, serves the Devil’s purpose to get this counter-devotion inserted into conservative-minded circles, which the Devil hopes will use it as a substitute for the Rosary.

Does this guy realize just how many different chaplets there are in the Catholic faith and how many of them are prayed on the basic Rosary beads? Guess not! Besides, I have never heard a soul say they replace the Rosary with the DMC and in fact, most people I know pray BOTH devotions

Hopefully this helps you out, but take my advice and stay off there site. they are liars and deceivers who have separated themselves from Christ’s Church.

[quote="NorthTexan88, post:1, topic:251456"]
I know this probably not the best place to post this, but at the expense of not having to open a whole new thread I fugured I would post here.

My question is, is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy "evil"? if you go to this link and read it, it seems that some strange things were said to St. Faustina.

mostholyfamilymonastery.com/41_Dmercy.pdf

[/quote]

The problem with their entire promise is very simple.

The writer wants to impose Canon Law on God. The Scripture say nothing against holding the host in one's hand. According to the writer, this is a diabolical plot to introduce CITH. Well, the truth is that COTT was a canonical decision made by the Church, not by the Lord. The Church can change it.

The writer wants to impose rules on whom God can praise and whom he cannot. According to the writer, the plot thickens when the Lord praises Sister's virtues. There is another problem here. All through the scripture we find the Lord doing this. He praises Job's goodness and agrees not to destroy because Job has asked him to withhold his wrath. The angel tells Mary that she is filled with Divine Life, "Hail full of Grace.". Luke describes Joseph as "just man". John is "the beloved desciple." All of these people should have ended up prouder than Satan. The fact is that they were humbled by God's adulation.

If you continue to read the article, it's all about imposing human rules on God. In other words, hand-cuffing God. "God has to operate within our rules." Therefore, he can't work through John Paul II, because according to them, John Paul was an apostate. There is a little problem there. The Church does not agree with them. No one can call another an apostate, unless they have the authority to do so. Today, apostate is a canonical term that the Church imposes on certain Catholics who turn away from God and the faith.

I could go on, but as you can see, there is a great deal of spiritual arrogance in this article. The first sign of spiritual arrogance is when we try to impose our rules on God. Once you step on the slippery slope, the rest is downhill.

PS. I thought Diamond Brothers was a musical group. :confused:

Fraternally,

Br. JR, OSF :)

[quote="NorthTexan88, post:6, topic:251456"]
Unforunatly I havnt, I need to buy it in book form bc I have a hard time reading a lot over the internet. That would be great, thanks!

[/quote]

https://secure.marianweb.net/giftshop/assets/images/products/DNBF_t.jpg
Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Divine Mercy in my Soul

St. Maria Faustina Kowalska

[LIST]
]Price:* $7.95
]Qty:
[/LIST]
24 photos are also included
**Product Details

[LIST]
]PRODUCT CODE: DNBF*
*]Compact Edition
*]English
*]730 pages
*]36 illustrations
*]4 x 7 inches
*]Published January, 2003
*]ISBN: 1-59614-110-7
[/LIST]

[quote="Church_Militant, post:9, topic:251456"]
https://secure.marianweb.net/giftshop/assets/images/products/DNBF_t.jpg
Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Divine Mercy in my Soul

St. Maria Faustina Kowalska

[LIST]
]Price:* $7.95
]Qty:
[/LIST]
24 photos are also included
**Product Details

[LIST]
]PRODUCT CODE: DNBF*
*]Compact Edition
*]English
*]730 pages
*]36 illustrations
*]4 x 7 inches
*]Published January, 2003
*]ISBN: 1-59614-110-7
[/LIST]

[/quote]

It is one of the most amazing works of modern mysticism. It's theology is cohesive and consistent with the Fathers of the Church and Sacred Scripture. The relationship of the soul and God is portrayed according to Catholic Tradition as explained by such masters as: Catherine of Siena, Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross and Bonaventure. When you read Sister's journey and you read the "rules of the road" by these great masters of Spiritual Theology, you find that she follows down the path to the letter. She was not educated in theology. Therefore, there is little or no chance that she could fake this.

There is no indication in her writing of any outside influence, diabolical or human. Actually, to be precise, there are even grammatical and spelling mistakes in the original, which would be consistent with the level of education of a young working class Polish girl of her time. There is almost a childlike quality to these writings, which is also consistent with the age of the mystic. Contrary to the sternness in her photos, Sister was very young when she had these experiences. She died age 33. These events begin in her 20s.

A critical analysis reveal no signs of psychotic behavior. There are neither signs of hallucinations, states of grandeur or morose delectation of any kind. She gets no satisfaction out of these experiences. They actually cause her great sorrow and distress. Her only consolation seems to be that she is willing to tolerate what God gives her. She actually asks God to find someone else upon whom to heap his graces, because she feels that she does not know how to use them properly.

She gets no emotional delight in these experiences. In fact, she sound more like St. Teresa of Avila who would chide the Lord for interrupting her with mystical ecstasies while she was busy about monastery business. As much as these women loved God, they also found these experiences a heavy cross to bear. A demented person would relish in the distress that these experiences cause. An arrogant person would relish in the distinction and singularization. An evil person would not be moved to great feelings of charity and compassion for others.

OK, I've used up my 25 cents.

Fraternally,

[quote="JReducation, post:10, topic:251456"]
It is one of the most amazing works of modern mysticism. It's theology is cohesive and consistent with the Fathers of the Church and Sacred Scripture. The relationship of the soul and God is portrayed according to Catholic Tradition as explained by such masters as: Catherine of Siena, Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross and Bonaventure. When you read Sister's journey and you read the "rules of the road" by these great masters of Spiritual Theology, you find that she follows down the path to the letter. She was not educated in theology. Therefore, there is little or no chance that she could fake this.

There is no indication in her writing of any outside influence, diabolical or human. Actually, to be precise, there are even grammatical and spelling mistakes in the original, which would be consistent with the level of education of a young working class Polish girl of her time. There is almost a childlike quality to these writings, which is also consistent with the age of the mystic. Contrary to the sternness in her photos, Sister was very young when she had these experiences. She died age 33. These events begin in her 20s.

A critical analysis reveal no signs of psychotic behavior. There are neither signs of hallucinations, states of grandeur or morose delectation of any kind. She gets no satisfaction out of these experiences. They actually cause her great sorrow and distress. Her only consolation seems to be that she is willing to tolerate what God gives her. She actually asks God to find someone else upon whom to heap his graces, because she feels that she does not know how to use them properly.

She gets no emotional delight in these experiences. In fact, she sound more like St. Teresa of Avila who would chide the Lord for interrupting her with mystical ecstasies while she was busy about monastery business. As much as these women loved God, they also found these experiences a heavy cross to bear. A demented person would relish in the distress that these experiences cause. An arrogant person would relish in the distinction and singularization. An evil person would not be moved to great feelings of charity and compassion for others.

OK, I've used up my 25 cents.

Fraternally,

[/quote]

Worth every penny Bother! Thanks for sharing it.:thumbsup:

This takes me back to my days in post grad theology. I loved Ascetical and Mystical Theology. My favorite writers were the skeptics. They always ran into dead ends. One has to learn to discriminate between critical writers. There are the skeptics and there are the detractors.

The skeptic is a non-believer who asks all of the right questions and applies all of the right scientific and philosophical principles to answer a single question, "Is this true." The skeptic is not malicious, though he or she may appear to be so to our Christian eyes and ears, because we accept these things on faith. "The Church says so; therefore, I believe." Actually, the skeptic is not an evil person, nor is he or she trying to destroy faith. Like Augustine said, "he is looking for God, because God has already found him." However, the skeptic does not know what he is looking for. Therefore, it's right in front of his nose, but he can't see it. It's like me, when I walk into a room and I say to myself, "I came in here for something. What was it?" I won't find it until I see it. The skeptic is honest enough to say, "There is no human explanation for this." At that point he takes a leap in faith or he waits, but he does not try to destroy that which he has spent so much time and energy studying.

The detractor, on the other hand, does not apply rational methods of inquiry, scientific or philosophical, because he or she is not asking a question. He does not want to know if this is true. His starting point is a premise of his own fabrication. "This is false." Then he sets out to prove it, not by asking questions, but by providing answers to non-questions. In other words, he picks the subject apart, gives you answers and explanations, leading you to assume that you asked the question, "Is this false?" He can be so convincing that you forget that you never asked him to prove it false for you. You feel that he has done you a great favor. He has succeeded in deluding you.

The problem with this methodology is that we cannot prove that something is false through detraction. Something is false, because it's contrary to truth. You must begin with the question, "Is it true?" not the premise "This is false." You answer the question by holding up the facts that you have against the truth that you know to see if they correspond. Detractors don't use this method. Their method is dishonest, because it tries to persuade you that you want to disbelieve.

Be careful of critics. A good critic is always a person who starts out in search of truth, not in search of falsehood. The same goes for the good student of the mystical. He is in search of Truth. When he has run all of his systems, he presents his conclusions. The Church, who has been given the power to see Truth and to teach Truth, will confirm or withhold confirmation.

Fraternally,

These posts contain quite a bit of good explanations, details, theology, logic, and elaborate answers. That is all to the good. But I would like to just approach this matter from what you might call the opposite direction.

Simply pray the D.M. Chaplet. Now, I ask you, what could be more humble, more adoring, more loving, more faithful, more simple and unpretentious, and more honoring of our Lord's Passion? No fault can be found with this easy yet glorious prayer. No conflict with Catholic teaching or with sincere belief. It is beautiful and good and holy.

If some "weirdos" (I like your style Michael) want to drum up a bunch of strange inferences about St. Faustina because she received Communion in the hand, that is a convoluted, psuedo-intellectual argument to try to tear down the whole thing, out of context.

Whether you like St. Faustina as a saint or find her tedious, whether you read the book or skip it, none of that detracts from the worthiness of the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

[quote="Church_Militant, post:11, topic:251456"]
:thumbsup:

I know his posts are quite long sometimes, but calling him Bother is a bit harsh....

[/quote]

I think Church Militant simply made a typo, forgetting to insert the "r" in Bother, and neglected to proof-read his post, since it was so short. ;)

Just to add my thumbs up, I read the entire 700-page Diary as a lenten devotion two years ago. I made a personal index in the back, filled with references to her wonderful writings where the Holy Spirit enlightened me. In one instance, I had been praying about a very wrongful transfer to another unit, which meant my grandson would be forced to serve another tour in Iraq. His own unit was not scheduled, since they had just served a deployment, so to get around it, they decided to transfer some of the men to a unit that had not served yet.

St. Faustina was in a similar situation, when Our Lord told Faustina that she would NOT be transferred, saying "Human plans will be thwarted, since they must conform to My will."

How deeply I felt these words as I took them in answer to my prayers. Indeed, they came true, and he was not transferred, despite many efforts to bring it about.

[quote="NorthTexan88, post:1, topic:251456"]
I My question is, is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy "evil"? if you go to this link and read it, it seems that some strange things were said to St. Faustina.

[/quote]

why would you visit an anti-Catholic website to get information about a Catholic devotion?

Puzzleannie brings up a good point, but since you are new to Catholicism and entering RCIA soon, it would be wise to check with CatholicCulture.org (click "site review") before entrusting your belief to these anti-Catholic websites.

Here is a good point that was mentioned in the review of MHFM.

That magazine, slick and expensive, is very anti-Catholic, and seems to have the purpose of luring unsuspecting Catholics into grave error and schism. There is no "Most Holy Family Monastery" in Fillmore, New York, listed in the official Catholic Directory. Therefore, it is not authentically Catholic at all. Fillmore is located in the Diocese of Buffalo, New York, and the bishop there has announced that the magazine and "Monastery" have no connection with the Catholic Church. Unfortunately, there are many anti-Catholic tricks abroad, some disguised one way and some another. Always check with your parish priest about "new magazines" claiming to be Catholic or religious.

I forget which document of Vatican II states that an organization cannot use the name "Catholic" in its title unless they have diocesan approval for their apostolate. However, many devious websites insert this identity into their name specifically to damage the faith of unsuspecting readers. Bloggers, too, are another group that pass off their erroneous teachings, misusing the title "Catholic." It is pretty hard to check on these, however, so caution is advised, always using recourse to church teachings as the truth.

Thanks for asking CAF members to settle your doubt.

[quote="puzzleannie, post:16, topic:251456"]
why would you visit an anti-Catholic website to get information about a Catholic devotion?

[/quote]

I wasn't activly looking at the website, I typed in Chaplet of Divine Mercy in Google and jut happened to click on the link and read it..just wanted to see what everyones opinion was, I've never actually been to their website.

I just googled "Chaplet of Divine Mercy" and did not find a single link to MostHolyFamilyMonastery, after looking at 12 pages. Of all the worthy sites listed, you just happened to find this heretical one? And you didn't look at any others?

That's dangerous web surfing, my friend.

[quote="paperwight66, post:14, topic:251456"]
I know his posts are quite long sometimes, but calling him Bother is a bit harsh....

[/quote]

[quote="Sirach2, post:15, topic:251456"]
I think Church Militant simply made a typo, forgetting to insert the "r" in Bother, and neglected to proof-read his post, since it was so short. ;)

[/quote]

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/corona_stellarum/Smilies/LOL.jpg
Late night brain damage...

Just to add my thumbs up, I read the entire 700-page Diary as a lenten devotion two years ago. I made a personal index in the back, filled with references to her wonderful writings where the Holy Spirit enlightened me. In one instance, I had been praying about a very wrongful transfer to another unit, which meant my grandson would be forced to serve another tour in Iraq. His own unit was not scheduled, since they had just served a deployment, so to get around it, they decided to transfer some of the men to a unit that had not served yet.

St. Faustina was in a similar situation, when Our Lord told Faustina that she would NOT be transferred, saying "Human plans will be thwarted, since they must conform to My will."

How deeply I felt these words as I took them in answer to my prayers. Indeed, they came true, and he was not transferred, despite many efforts to bring it about.

Glory be to God!

[quote="puzzleannie, post:16, topic:251456"]

[/quote]

Face it PA, not everyone is as web savvy as me 'n you, and even our knowledge was gained the hard way, just as this Brother's was, so I think we can give the benefit of the doubt, y'know?

Besides, this really just gives us another opportunity to expose and discredit the Dimond brothers and their cult. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.