Spoof Movies

I am watching The Road To Bali with Bob Hop and Bing Crosby. This is soooooo a spoof movie.

Who else love spoofs?

I love spoofs and parodies. Years ago I rented a tape of “Hardware Wars” which was a send-up of “Star Wars”. On it there were also spoofs of “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “Apocalypse Now” (“Pork Lips Now”). I’ve never been able to find this tape again.

Airplane! … and don’t call me Shirley. :smiley:

The companion movie, Spaceship! (or Naked Space, or The Creature Wasn’t Nice… it had a lot of titles) is pretty bad, but worth checking out for the shambling alien’s song and dance number ‘I Want To Eat Your Face’ :slight_smile:

Spaceball is a riot.

“Comb the desert!”

“I am your father’s cousin’s brother’s former roommate.”
“Which makes us?”
“Absolutely nothing.”

:smiley:

And “Bambi Meets Godzilla”!

I loaned my copy out once, and it’s never come home. :frowning:

Oh man, do I ever love these movies. Mel Brooks is a genius, and Airplane! will never get old.

I just wish that we had some good spoofs today. The last one that I can think of was Hot Shots back in the early '90s. Now it’s just the Scary Movie franchise, but those aren’t so much funny as gross.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

Val Kilmer’s first film was a spoof called “Top Secret”. The film was produced by the same crew who did Airplane. It’s a Spy, teen-bopper spoof. (They even rag on the Wizard of Oz at the end of the movie!).

Plus there,s of spoofs:
[LIST]
*]The Scary Movie and sequels
*]Soapdish
*]Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (Steve Martin spoof on Noir Movie and it’s even done in B & W).
*]Saturday the 14th. (spoof on the Horror films and I only saw it twice on cable in the early 80’s). Funny stuff with Richard Crenne
[/LIST]

Yea the scary movies can be pretty gross but they’re still hilarious.

Have any of you seen Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead? Best spoof movies of my generation. I can’t wait to see what these guys do next…

Hey, I love spoof movies too. The ones that have been mentioned are all favorites, particularly “Airplane.” Loved that one.

Also, what about “Robin Hood, Men in Tights”? or “Young Frankenstein,” with Igor’s hunchback that keeps moving around.

I also saw “Reefer Madness, the Musical” on Showtime (I think) several years ago. I thought it was hilarious, but it definitely isn’t for kids. (This was before I started back to church.)

Galaxy Quest was a nice spoof movie. Maybe you had to be a Trekkie to appreciate it, though.

Not a movie exactly – but there was actually an episode of the Stargate SG1 TV show where the show itself was spoofed. The best show of the series!!

Both great. I like Hot Fuzz a little better though. That scene at the bar in the beginning is great.

No, I really don’t think that Hot Fuzz was so much a spoof as it was an homage to all of those supercop films. Yes, there were some funny, even ridiculous, parts, but there didn’t seem to be a whole lot of satire. Whereas, e.g., Robin Hood: Men in Tights mercilessly rips on the Robin Hood legend (and especially Costner’s Prince of Thieves), Hot Fuzz is much more respectful to what has come before.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

What about Blazzing Saddles? Classic spoof movie-making fun of the old westerns.

Actually, Mel Brooks did several spoof movies and all of them were great-Blazzing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs. I can’t remember if there are any others, but those three I love!

And I also loved Galaxy Quest. Alan Rickman’s performance in that was fantastic-made the movie!
Scout :tiphat:

The other great Mel Brooks spoofer was High Anxiety, which spoofed just about every Hitchcock film ever made.

Can you believe it, but I’ve never seen that movie.

Scout :tiphat:

“There’s only one man who would dare give me the raspberry :stuck_out_tongue: … LONE STARR!!!”

Making the leap from Spoof Movies to Spoof Television, I have to mention CSI: Miami. That is a spoof of police dramas, right?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.