Squirrel Steals Flags at Cemetery

Squirrel Steals Flags at Cemetery

PORT HURON, Mich. (May 31) – Squirrel. Thief. Patriot.
A brazen squirrel has been grabbing small American flags placed in a Port Huron, Mich., cemetery and carrying them up to its nest, which now looks as if it’s bedecked in bunting.

Every Memorial Day, volunteers place the flags next to the graves of nearly 1,000 veterans buried at Mount Hope Cemetery about 55 miles northeast of Detroit. The flags were undisturbed during a Mass held Monday.

The Times Herald reports that workers at the cemetery on Tuesday noticed several flags had been torn off their wooden staffs, which were still in the ground.
The mystery was solved in front of superintendent Ron Ceglarek’s eyes. He watched a squirrel detach a flag stapled to a staff and carry it up a tree to the nest.

Unfortunately, the story doesn’t have a pic of the squirrel’s nest – I’d really like to see what a patriotic tree-rat’s home looks like.

The local paper has a photo, but not of the nest. It simply shows a couple mutilated flags caught in the tree limbs.
thetimesherald.com/article/20090530/NEWS01/905300301/1002/NEWS17/Cemetery+squirrels+nuts+about+U.S.+flags

The caption says that a recent high wind scattered the flags among the branches, so maybe an older photo is out there. :shrug:

This squirrel is nothing short of anti-american. And so are we for allowing this evil to prevail in world. Continued ignorance of the lack of patriotism in this country will surely lead to our downfall by the hands of the satanic liberal powers that be.

I condemn this disrespectufl squirrel for taking our country so lightly.

-Sean Hannity’ed!

*satire, fyi :slight_smile:

This type of evil never occurs in isolation. I reckon we will find at least one bevy and two flocks, nay, I say an entire pride-full of conspirators. We must ferret them out. Let’s form a gaggle of senators to investigate.

He’s obviously on Obama’s payroll and for big money. Who else has the stones to do something like this other than a cute, little squirrel?

Better check to see if that squirrel paid his taxes!

They’re probably too high for him to pay, but I think he sells the flags on the black market to keep up. Terrorists are always looking for a flag to burn and put the movie on YouTube.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.