SSPX and Bishop Bruskewitz

I have a question related to SSPX members or defenders. Here’s a link to an article where the Vatican denied an appeal of Bishop Bruskewitz’s diocesan(sp???) legislation.
ncregister.com/current/0327lead3.htm

If SSPX is in full communion with Rome, why did SSPX not appeal to Rome like Call to Action did??? (Please correct me if I am wrong, and they did.) I am curious as there is a SSPX chapel about 20 minutes from where I live. Thanks and God Bless.

If you want to hear the SSPX side of things, go straight to the source.

sspx.org/diocesan_dialogues/Lincoln_diocese1.pdf

sspx.org/diocesan_dialogues/Lincoln_diocese2.pdf

sspx.org/diocesan_dialogues/Lincoln_diocese3.pdf

It’s quite a good read. I really like the part where the Society challenges the bishop on his exumenical activitities and all the bishop can do is throw ad homminum bombs at them.

Bishop Bruskewitz, and any other bishop in full communion with Rome, is under no obligation to answer “challenges” from Pope-hating schismatics.

Silent, long-suffering obedience to ecclesial authority is a beautiful virtue. Too bad the SSPX and their fellow-travellers seem incapable of practicing it. :nope:

Beware going to SSPX for source material. This is akin to going to Planned Parenthood for the straight scoop on aboriton, or the Democratic National Committee on Why Bill Clinton Never Lied.

They are just a WEE bit biased in their own favor.

Try Ecclesia Dei instead.

[quote=demolitionman65]Beware going to SSPX for source material. This is akin to going to Planned Parenthood for the straight scoop on aboriton, or the Democratic National Committee on Why Bill Clinton Never Lied.

They are just a WEE bit biased in their own favor.

Try Ecclesia Dei instead.
[/quote]

And here is Ecclesia Dei: vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/motu_proprio/documents/hf_jp-ii_motu-proprio_02071988_ecclesia-dei_en.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.