SSPX book by Brian O'Neel

In a past article in This Rock Magazine, (April 2004, I think). Brian O'Neel wrote an article about the SSPX called "Holier Than Thou". At the end of the article it said Mr. O'Neel was writing a book about the SSPX. Did this book ever come out? I'd like to read it.

A brief Google search turned up nothing. Apparently Brian O’Neel has edited more books than he has written.

The closest thing I saw was a book called The Signs of the Times, edited by O’Neel, which deals with the changes after Vatican II.

amazon.com/Signs-Times-Fr-Richard-Gilsdorf/dp/0615184898/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106177&sr=1-1

If you’re specifically interested in books about the SSPX, Peter Madrid’s More Catholic than the Pope is pretty good.

amazon.com/More-Catholic-Than-Pope-Traditionalism/dp/1931709262/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288106333&sr=1-1-spell

dizzy_dave and Anne1964, greetings. Anne, you’re correct: I never published my work on the SSPX. The research is there, just as it’s there for a book on the churches of Rome that I’ve worked on for almost 10 years. However, as you might imagine, the interest in either topic is, shall we say, niche. However, I have written two books, both on the saints, “39 New Saints You Should Know” and “Saint Who? 39 Holy Unknowns.” And, yes, I also wrote the Foreword to Signs of the Times: Understanding the Church since Vatican II. That book addresses the Lefebrvite schism to a small degree. It’s greatest function, however (and I get no royalties or any benefit other than satisfaction over the sale of this book), is that it gives you a really, really clear understanding of why the Church has experienced such upheavel and confusion over the past 50 years. I would agree with Anne that Patrick Madrid and Peter Vere’s book is good. So is The Pope, the Council, and the Mass by James Likoudis and Kenneth Whitehead. I highly recommend it. Both are fascinating, as is Frank Sheed’s Is It the Same Church? May God bless and keep you both in this Advent season and give you a grace-filled Christmas and New Year.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.