SSPX temptation

Dear all

Please pray for me…

I feel like I’m having a crisis with my faith.

I converted to Catholicism 9 years ago and my faith is strong, but I am so unhappy with parish life, wherever I live… I am greatly attracted to the Traditional Mass, but also to Traditional Catholicism, but it doesn’t only stop there. I am very troubled by the “state” of the Church (as I perceive it) and the way the liturgy is generally so badly celebrated.

I have recently learned there is an SSPX chapel just round the corner from me, and I want to go and hear Mass there, partly for the aesthetics of it. But I know if I go I might get seduced by SSPX arguments…

**[LEFT]

***+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers.***
May Christ illumine, guide, and sustain your walk in faith.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen
[/LEFT]

Dear friend,

As I have already stated, in the Traditional Catholicism forum, I was in a similar situation a week ago. Apart from praying for you, which I will do right now, after I end this short introduction, I will also recommend you to read this, which was of great help for me, and I’d also like to ask you to pray for me, so that I may be, too, kept away from the heresy of rejecting Vatican II’s teachings.

And now, for my prayer:

SUB tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetrix. Nostras deprecationes ne despicias in necessitatibus, sed a periculis cunctis libera nos semper, Virgo gloriosa et benedicta. Amen.

God Bless you, dear friend, and may the Blessed Virgin Mary cover you with her precious mantle.

Holy Spirit please make our friend’s primary purpose be Your truth and Your sacramental gifts, rather than personal preferences or personal comfort. Let Your truth, and acting in love and generosity regardless of parish or of others’ imperfections and shortcomings be the point of choice.

Will remember you in my prayers also.

praying…

Many thanks. All is starting to make more sense to me now. Union with Rome should be a priority…

Praying!

Blessings my friend in Christ.

My background is as a conservative Catholic and I will keep you in my prayers this month… I personaly am so very happy that the Church makes room for us all and hope that you find peace my friend

If I might offer one thought which might be of help to you as you are sorting out a way to be true to the Church but to worship in a way that makes you feel comfortable???

You might contact this group of sisters in spokane???

They recently came back into full communion with the church perhaps their journey can help you???
Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church

blessings of peace and good! Will be praying for you

Praying
Grandma Glor

May God grant you peace, levavi, and wisdom to make informed decisions according to your conscience. I pray for the intercession of Mary and the saints for your protection against false teachers who try to sway your conscience in order to lure you away from the True Faith and into separation from the Shepherd of Christ’s Flock.

St. Michael, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Peace and all good be to you in Christ!

:crossrc:

This is great - your prayers are working - my faith is stronger - my confidence in the Church is stronger.

But I am still pertubred by the liturgy as practiced, and also by the diversity of belief about the liturgy in the Church. I find my 1962 missal beautiful, but my 2003 one less so.

I am also perturbed by how the bishops seem to have ignored Summorum Pontificum. What to do?

Dear Blessed Jacinta,

… to whom Our Lady of Fatima appeared. Please through your kind intercession inspire levavi with a stronger love of our Holy Father, the Pope, who has much to suffer.

~~ the phoenix

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.