st agatha

I was raised by a woman, my young step mother, nine years older than me, the same age as my oldest sister, who had a baby from a rape. I never understood her shame and pain about her baby’s birth. Her Mother rejected the child when he tried to contact his Mother. She told him he had called the wrong number and to never try to call again.

I was sexualized very young. I felt I was “possessed” if not “oppressed”. THis woman came into my life when my Mother was still alive but she was soon killed when I was nine in a car accident in which my father was driving. He dated my soon to be step mother almost immediately when she died. A year later she was pregnant and I vomited up all my grief and anger for five days - at age eleven.

I pray for understanding about sexual abuse and the effect of being sexualized so young. To St. Agatha. I am glad I heard her story today. God touched my life with her story. And St. Gianna too.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you to persevere in faith and in a state of grace, and praying that you heal. I pray that you turn to Mother Mary in your need and that you receive her powerul help through the Rosary.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

Praying for you and your intentions :byzsoc:

Lord, let your forgiveness be won for us by the pleading of Saint Agatha, who found favor with you by her chastity and by her courage in suffering death for the gospel. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, my beloved Master, it is you who have given me victory in the midst of torments. Call me, Lord, to undying happiness with you. Amen!

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen***

:crossrc:

I love the Agatha Raisin books.

I think Ive read them all but I might have missed one. I tried to read them in order but I was getting them through the library so sometimes I had to skip around

I tried the Hammish books but in one I read, the end left off with a kind of cliffhanger and when I stared the next book it took place a while after the other ended.

Happy reading

Ruth B.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.