St. Agnes and the Women's March

dominicanajournal.org/st-agnes-and-the-womens-march/

“Jesus Christ was recklessly charitable,” a wise friar told me after hundreds of people lined up to use the restroom at a Dominican priory.
There were not enough restrooms set up for the Women’s March that took place in Washington, DC, the day after the presidential inauguration. I found this out while visiting the Dominican priory on the southern side of the National Mall, where I saw many people from the March looking around for a restroom. Observing the desperation of those outside, some friars kindly offered to let a dozen marchers use the public restrooms in the priory.

Since I had a captive audience, I also figured I would speak with them about the saint whose feast day it was—incredibly fittingly, Saint Agnes. Saint Agnes was a 12-year-old girl who died as a martyr after she refused to marry a Roman man because she was already spiritually espoused to Jesus Christ. The story of a young girl resisting the Roman authorities seemed to capture the hearts of a few (one woman said she got “the chills” when hearing Saint Agnes’s story). Perhaps all did not immediately appreciate the centrality of the grace of Jesus Christ, but, nonetheless, some may have begun to consider the Gospel in a deeper way.

Very nice story indeed! It’s always important to remember that everyone can be touched by God’s love and mercy!

May God bless you all! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the story. St. Agnes (picked me) is my saint for this year!

Good for them!

Solidarity !

thank you for sharing that

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.