St. Anthony prayer- help!

Last weekend DH and I had his sisters and spouses over for a holiday gathering. Of course, I spend days and days cleaning my house. Now I seem to have lost my rosary. It is very special to me and was blessed by a young priest who was truly one of my best friends and was tragically killed in a card accident about 6 yrs ago. I am desperate to find it. I have looked everywhere that I would have thought to put it. I normally carry it with me in my pocket every day but I know I didn’t have it on the day of the party. What is the St Anthony prayer for lost things? can you help? thanks-twk

Novena to Saint Anthony to Find a Lost Article
St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find [name the item] which has been lost. At least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. To this favor, I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen.

St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come 'round! What now is lost must now be found! Amen.

At least, that’s what I pray… :thumbsup:

Last year a dear lady who was a member of our parish died suddenly of cancer. Her death was a shock and somewhat ironic because she had started and directed a prayer shawl ministry at our church and ended up being a recipient of one of the shawls during her sickness. However, her funeral and rosary were one of the most life-affirming events I have ever attended. Everyone she knew loved her and was touched deeply in some way by this caring, loving woman.

After her funeral, my mother and I went to purchase a silver charm or medal for my bracelet, and I chose an angel to be in memory of our friend Jan. A few days after adding Jan’s angel to my bracelet, I was running errands downtown and did not notice immediately when the angel caught on something and fell loose from my bracelet. When I discovered, hours later, on my way out the door to go to work, that the angel was missing, I was heartbroken. As I sat down in my car to drive to work, I bowed my head and prayed:

“Saint Anthony, I loved that little angel and I’m very sad to have lost her. Please find her and take her to someone who really needs her to look after them.” And then I went to work.

Hours later, my mother called me at work to tell me that she had found my angel. She was lying on the center cushion of our couch, perfectly centered, as though someone had laid her there for us to find.

Just say what’s in your heart. He does answer special requests. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.