St. Antiochus - "Passionless"...meaning?

Enlighten my mind with the light of understanding of Thy Holy Gospel; my soul, with the love of Thy Cross; my heart, with the purity of Thy word; my body, with Thy passionless Passion.

What does “passionless Passion” mean in this prayer?..I love this prayer but need a better understanding.

Enlighten my mind with the light of understanding of Thy Holy Gospel; my soul, with the love of Thy Cross; my heart, with the purity of Thy word; my body, with Thy passionless Passion.

St. Antiochus, a monk of the Lavra of St. Sabbas near Jerusalem (wrote Pandects about 620 A.D.).

It is a little poetic. The Passion is the sufferings of Christ between the night of the Last Supper and his death. The Passion is passionless or detached because of the will to do the will of the Father. Similarly we do not want our bodies to be attached to passions, rather to have reign over them and do our Father’s will.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.