St. Dominic?

I always thought the details of St. Dominic were few, but after remembering the writings of St. Louis Marie de Montfort and reading this (fisheaters.com/stdominic9ways.html) it seems there is enough to make a good movie to show his good example.

So, does anyone know of any movie about St. Dominic? There are tons of movies about St. Francis, St. Joan of Arc, St. Anthony… we’re planning to have movie nights at our parish.

I know of no movies about St. Dominic, but one would be pretty cool.

I have a question myself though, regarding St. Dominic. When exactly is his feast day? it was the 8th(yesterday) according to the calendar i have, and in the traditional calendar it is somwhere else altogether, but on EWTN today they said that today’s liturgical color was white for St. Dominic, but its a sunday, where we forego any feast days and celebrate the mass of the sunday. So where is EWTN coming from here, was it today or yesterday?

Maybe you get EWTN a day behind or something, because even if we were to celebrate a feast day on Sunday, August 9th, it would’ve been St. Teresa Benedicta’s. :slight_smile:

Yes, St. Dominic’s feast day is the 8th.

Sunday ALWAYS takes precedence over feast days, with the exception last year on the feast day of Sts Paul and Peter, because it was the year of St. Paul.

The feast of St. Dominic is on Aug 8. However, if it falls on a Sunday the Sunday takes precedence, except in the private chapels of the Dominicans and Franciscans. The feasts of St. Dominic, St. Clare and St. Francis are major solemnities for the two orders, because they are the founders.

You may have been watching a rerun of the mass of Aug 8. St. Dominic is a memorial for the universal Church, but a solemnity for Franciscans and Dominicans. Therefore, the Franciscan Friars of the Eternal Word and the Poor Clare nuns would celebrate it as such. The vestments would be white for the solemnity.

I hope this works for you.

Fraternally,

Br. JR, OSF :slight_smile:

well then that makes sense, thank you.

I wouldn’t listen to much to what the fisheaters have to say. There views are too controversial in my humble opinion

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.