St Faustina Kowalska and Polish Nationalism

Was approval of the private revelations of St Faustina Kowalska delayed because of a translation error?

I heard that one of the reasons the Divine Mercy devotion and the private revelations alleged by St Faustina Kowalska were considered problematic because of a translation issue centering on her description of the Divine Mercy image. I heard a translation was circulated in which St Faustina described the rays emanating from the image were “red and white”, and therefore people in a position to make a judgment about the authenticity of the vision were skeptical since “red and white” also happen to be the Polish national colors. But I heard the original Polish did not actually say “white” but “pale”, and hence the skepticism on this point was incorrectly grounded.

Does anyone know what the original Polish actually said, and does anyone know if this particular point was among the factors in the delay of these private revelations’ approval?

I believe it was because of a faulty Italian translation that, among other things, misquoted St. Faustina as saying “I am love and mercy itself”, which was what Jesus said to her.
All the depictions I’ve seen were red and blue, so I’m not sure about that.

Seem to be red and white (or pale), e.g. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Mercy

Always heard it refered to a “pale” beam also. I believe there is a lot more to this apparition then we know. I can’t help but link Divine Mercy, Perestroika, Poland, JPll, and the fall of the “iron curtain”…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.