St. Francis Xavier Exposed by "The Vortex"

Michael Voris (realcatholictv) exposes the ongoing controversy over the St. Francis Xavier "rededication Mass" presided over by Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Thank you Michael Voris! I suggest we all try to help him get the answers we're all looking for. Here's the contact info. and the youtube video.

To contact the Archdiocese of New York;

Phone: 212-371-1011 Ext. 2997
Email: [email]Communications@archny.org[/email]

youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0Dp00wSZg

Just so people don't have to go fishing for the videos in question, here are the links Michael Voris is referring to.

Parish video: youtube.com/watch?v=sQEmO07DpaI

CNN video: cnn.com/2010/US/06/27/new.york.church.gay.pride/?hpt=T2

Not Archbishop Dolan! I never thought that he'd be involved with something like this :(

This is very disturbing. I thought Archbishop Dolan was better than this.

I hope there is a solid explanation that comes out from this. Scandals of this type fuel dissent and implode confidence for the church.

:knight1:

I too have heard good things about Abp. Dolan. From watching the video, if I was his excellency I would possibly have cheered the group as well. The way it was presented, sounded to me, like they were meant to help LGBT Catholics who wanted to get back into The Church and believe as Catholics. Sort of like these groups are local versions of Courage.

The silence from the diocese since then, as well as whether or not his excellency knew about the parish's reputation (how could he not? Still I want to give him the benefit of the doubt) leads me to withhold judgment just yet.

[quote="cyb, post:1, topic:205206"]
Michael Voris (realcatholictv) exposes the ongoing controversy over the St. Francis Xavier "rededication Mass" presided over by Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Thank you Michael Voris! I suggest we all try to help him get the answers we're all looking for. Here's the contact info. and the youtube video.

To contact the Archdiocese of New York;

Phone: 212-371-1011 Ext. 2997
Email: [email]Communications@archny.org[/email]

youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0Dp00wSZg

[/quote]

It's funny because if you look at both the videos on Youtube you will see me agruing against some of these people, the I got blocked on one of them. Then last week I sent that link to real cathoilc tv, so I think they got the message and made a vortix on it :thumbsup:

[quote="Rawb, post:5, topic:205206"]
I too have heard good things about Abp. Dolan. From watching the video, if I was his excellency I would possibly have cheered the group as well. The way it was presented, sounded to me, like they were meant to help LGBT Catholics who wanted to get back into The Church and believe as Catholics. Sort of like these groups are local versions of Courage.

The silence from the diocese since then, as well as whether or not his excellency knew about the parish's reputation (how could he not? Still I want to give him the benefit of the doubt) leads me to withhold judgment just yet.

[/quote]

Well, Rawb, truth to tell, this parish is not anything like Courage. This parish promotes an active gay lifestyle and participates in receiving Communion at Mass - a rainbow Mass at that. This amounts to great public scandal. Dolan cheered them on with full knowledge of their mission. They are not making any secret of their stance or of his knowledge of it.

You may want to see the old thread on St. Francis' rededication Mass held on Gay Pride Week Kickoff Day to see further discussion of this.

Hope this helps!

Well, Rawb, truth to tell, this parish is not anything like Courage.

I know. What I'm saying though is that if I had never heard of this parish before, and was just sitting at the Mass and heard that introduction for those groups, I could interpret their introductions in a completely orthodox context. If you listen to just their introduction, I think you'd understand what I'm saying.

Dolan cheered them on with full knowledge of their mission.

But did he know? That's what I'm asking. A week after this Mass he instructs the parish to not participate in the pride parade. The two actions are incongruous in my opinion. Now, if he didn't know he wasn't doing his job very well, but that's far from support of encouraging homosexuality in a Catholic parish.

But he may have known. His soul may be in grave danger because of how he's leading his flock. As the saying goes "The road to hell is paved with bishop's skulls". Prayers (and perhaps, letters) are to be encouraged.

Saw this posted on FaceBook and have e-mailed the Archbishop's office repectfully requesting a public statement concerning his participation in this Mass.

I encourge all of you to e-mail his office and do the same.

Not to criticize A’bishop Dolan or pass judgement on his actions, past or present, but while in Milwaukee, he authorized or acknowledged the Alinsky-style group, Common Ground.
You may draw your own conclusions. Yes, perhaps he was not aware of what the true nature or “pedigree” of Common Ground (and other like groups) are. Common Ground is affiliated with the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF). For more on that, check Discover the Networks, a Guide to the Political Left.
discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=7493

I will check out the video soon. Thanks for sending that in.

God bless,
Mimi

The youtube video
Parish video: youtube.com/watch?v=sQEmO07DpaI
didn't work for me (502 server error).

A search turned up the CNN one.

In that, it says A'bishop Dolan said they could not carry a banner, or display one in the church, so the participants (same-sex attracted ppl) carried a banner which was blank. On their t-shirts, they had the rainbow over a cross, with "St Francis" on it, so the crowd knew what they were about anyway; and it looks like they also passed out info.

The Pastor said he is concerned about some who would "promote promiscuity". Uh, no, that is not the immoral issue. It is that same-sex sex acts are immoral. Just read the email by Dr Howell in the recent controversy over how he responded to a student who wanted to know what was on the final for the spring semester at U of IL Champaign-Urbana. I thought he gave a fairly clear explanation -- OR read the Catechism.

But I digress.

Apparently, the woman in the video does not know the teachings of the Church. She likely presents herself for Holy Communion which would be a grave sin, if, in fact she is living an openly gay lifestyle. She said she had a "partner".

I hope and pray A'bishop Dolan does the right thing and teaches the people the Truth of Catholic Doctrine. We want all people to get to heaven!

Mimi

As to those who stated they had heard "good things" about Archbishop Dolan, I agree. I remember, upon his appointment to the Archdiocese of NY, hearing that he was such a "great guy". Problem, was - I could never find any hard facts as to why he was so wonderful. He was painted as a happy-go-lucky character who had a friendly face, a smile on his lips, and a joke on his tongue. Well, good for him - but that's not exactly the most important criteria for appointing Archbishops.

When I tried to find factual reports as to where Dolan stood/stands, I came up with troubling info. While in Milwaukee, he was revered by higher-ups for "settling" abuse cases - but he failed to expose a number of abuse cases himself. As Mimi stated, he authorized the Common Ground group. He presided over that travesty of a "mass" at St. Francis Xavier. These are just some examples.

As to those who question his full knowledge of what was happening at the Mass, he definitely had full knowledge. St. Francis Xavier has been promoting the LGBT lifestyle openly for decades now. With just that info. alone, why would Dolan preside over a Mass there? Beyond that, Dolan sat there watching and encouraging all the abuses that went on in front of him. We can't defend him by saying he was naive to this. It is his JOB to know all of this and it is his JOB to stop abuses such as those that took place in the church that day. He is the HEAD of the Archdiocese.

It seems that when stories are told of this bishop or that bishop being one of the "good ones" (a la Dolan or Schonborn) we ought to do our homework to find out for ourselves just what exactly these men stand for.

PS - One of the parishioners of St. Francis wrote (under the youtube vid) that every detail was planned and well-known in advance - as of course it would be. Additionally, bishops always have "advance-men" to get all details about events the Bishop will preside over.

[quote="Rawb, post:8, topic:205206"]
A week after this Mass he instructs the parish to not participate in the pride parade.

[/quote]

That's inaccurate, actually. He "requested" (not demanded) that they not use the Parish banner in the march. He did not forbid involvement.

They did not march with a blank banner as CNN errantly reported. They simply turned the banner around, allowing everyone at the parade to still read what was on that banner. And yes, they wore t-shirts not with a rainbow over a cross, but with a rainbow cross.

[quote="Mimi, post:11, topic:205206"]

I hope and pray A'bishop Dolan does the right thing and teaches the people the Truth of Catholic Doctrine.

[/quote]

Too late, as far as I'm concerned.

[quote="cyb, post:14, topic:205206"]
Too late, as far as I'm concerned.

[/quote]

It's never too late to ask for forgiveness and repent from mistakes which may have been made. ;)

[quote="ODGarza, post:15, topic:205206"]
It's never too late to ask for forgiveness and repent from mistakes which may have been made. ;)

[/quote]

You are very right. And if Archbishop Dolan does just that, I'll be the first to praise him!

[quote="ODGarza, post:9, topic:205206"]
Saw this posted on FaceBook and have e-mailed the Archbishop's office repectfully requesting a public statement concerning his participation in this Mass.

I encourge all of you to e-mail his office and do the same.

[/quote]

Echoing the sentiments of ODGarza who suggests we all e-mail.

Re: the emails: While I do believe in the power of rationally stating your concerns as opposed to angrily ranting at someone, I don't particularly feel it necessary to bend over backwards in an attempt to sound overly "respectful". I've had it with being respectful to a fault to clergy who are so *dis*respectful of their flock and indeed Our Lord Himself. In this particular case it is clear that Dolan likes to give a whole lot of respect to gays/lesbians in publicly proclaimed mortal sin, but doesn't feel the need to respect Michael Voris and the rest of us by giving us an answer as to his shenanigans.

[quote="Rawb, post:8, topic:205206"]
I know. What I'm saying though is that if I had never heard of this parish before, and was just sitting at the Mass and heard that introduction for those groups, I could interpret their introductions in a completely orthodox context. If you listen to just their introduction, I think you'd understand what I'm saying.

But did he know? That's what I'm asking. A week after this Mass he instructs the parish to not participate in the pride parade. The two actions are incongruous in my opinion. Now, if he didn't know he wasn't doing his job very well, but that's far from support of encouraging homosexuality in a Catholic parish.

But he may have known. His soul may be in grave danger because of how he's leading his flock. As the saying goes "The road to hell is paved with bishop's skulls". Prayers (and perhaps, letters) are to be encouraged.

[/quote]

of course he knows all about. that is why he told them not to use the banner. he knows they are about. for God's sake, the man is smart. he is not a naive person like some peopleare. no excuse for any one in this Church.

it is never too late. but do you really think that these people are going to repent from anything? they dont think they are doing anything wrong. how can they repent? it is such a blasphemy to even contemplate about Jesus being involved in such a thing. a cross with a rainbow? where is the Vatican in all this? where is the excommunication?

where is the Vatican in all this? where is the excommunication?

This is what I wonder every day I watch one of Michael Vorris's video's. He is a modern day John the Baptist. A voice crying out in the wilderness.

God Bless him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.