St Frederick Statue Needed

It has been a tradition of mine to get the new babies born in my family a statue of the Saint they are named after. Well, I got a rough name. The first name is not named after a Saint or anything religious. The second name is Frederick.

There are a couple of Saint Fredericks. It is very hard to find a statue of any Saint Frederick. There is a 6inch catholicsupply.com/christmas/3fitz.html but it is out of stock. There are 3 inch pewter catholic-collectibles.com/Pewter_Statues_Male_Saints.html but too small and plain considering all his siblings got 10 inch colour ones. There is an old wood one on ebay ebay.ca/itm/ANRI-CATHOLIC-WOODCARVED-STATUE-SAINT-FREDERICK-BISHOP-/170641903950 but this statue has no nose. I can not find anything else online, unless I am not looking in the right places.

Help!

Does anyone know where I can get a Saint Frederick statue?

Sorry none of my suppliers have a St Frederick statue. :frowning:

What about a form of the first name?

[quote="BrendenDenis, post:1, topic:251651"]
It has been a tradition of mine to get the new babies born in my family a statue of the Saint they are named after. Well, I got a rough name. The first name is not named after a Saint or anything religious. The second name is Frederick.

There are a couple of Saint Fredericks. It is very hard to find a statue of any Saint Frederick. There is a 6inch catholicsupply.com/christmas/3fitz.html but it is out of stock. There are 3 inch pewter catholic-collectibles.com/Pewter_Statues_Male_Saints.html but too small and plain considering all his siblings got 10 inch colour ones. There is an old wood one on ebay ebay.ca/itm/ANRI-CATHOLIC-WOODCARVED-STATUE-SAINT-FREDERICK-BISHOP-/170641903950 but this statue has no nose. I can not find anything else online, unless I am not looking in the right places.

Help!

[/quote]

Not so difficult. Used google.

apostle.com/statues-statuettes/male-saint-statues/saint-frederick-statue-patron-of-holland

and a History of Frederick

[catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=349](http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=349)

[quote="catharina, post:3, topic:251651"]
Not so difficult. Used google.

apostle.com/statues-statuettes/male-saint-statues/saint-frederick-statue-patron-of-holland

and a History of Frederick

[catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=349](http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=349)

[/quote]

I haven't "googled" it, but the one you show is like one of the ones he turned down.  3inches and pewter.  He is looking for something closer to 10 inches and color.

[quote="maryjk, post:4, topic:251651"]
I haven't "googled" it, but the one you show is like one of the ones he turned down. 3inches and pewter. He is looking for something closer to 10 inches and color.

[/quote]

Thanks.

I feel for you, Brenden, and can only suggest that you google
a Catholic religious goods store in Hallum Holland (Or in Friesland Holland).

There are plenty - but all ads are in Dutch.
However, I've heard most of the Durch speak English,
especially in the shops/stores.

[quote="BrendenDenis, post:1, topic:251651"]

Help!

[/quote]

Final thought for you, Brenden.

Check your local Catholic gift shops
and ask if they will ORDER a statue for you.

I have found saint statues, images, holy cards etc by googling the saint's name in Spanish, so it might also work for other languages like German, whatever the original language the name is in.
here is an example, St. Frederick (Federico) of Utrecht
familiario.com/santoral/Federico.htm

I like the pewter one.

Consider having one custom made by a local woodcarver or even out of paper mache. Some people are extremely skilled and would be happy to work with you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.