St. Gertrude the Great Church

What is this church all about? Are they Catholic? They appear to be totally against all that Vatican II stands for. Can you tell me more about them?

**SGG us a sedevacantist church…CMRI, I believe. The bishop is Bishop Dolan, and the priest is Fr. Cekada. Fr. C. has written many articles explaining his theological point of view, and you can find them on the church’s website: **

breviary.net/stgertrudes/sgg.htm

**SGG just built a new church, and it looks and feels very traditional…Very well done. And, the congregation is growing. I have a friend who goes there…That’s how I know about it. But… Please be careful…This church is definitely in schism with Rome…No question about it. **

Did you visit? What did you think of it?

[quote=Catholic Heart]**SGG us a sedevacantist church…CMRI, I believe. The bishop is Bishop Dolan, and the priest is Fr. Cekada. Fr. C. has written many articles explaining his theological point of view, and you can find them on the church’s website: **

breviary.net/stgertrudes/sgg.htm

**SGG just built a new church, and it looks and feels very traditional…Very well done. And, the congregation is growing. I have a friend who goes there…That’s how I know about it. But… Please be careful…This church is definitely in schism with Rome…No question about it. **

Did you visit? What did you think of it?
[/quote]

CH,

From what I’ve read about them, they are definately sedevacantist but they are not CMRI. They are affiliated with them because of their shared theological position, but Fr. Cekada and Bishop Dolan are not CMRI priests.

[quote=Jadesfire20]CH,

From what I’ve read about them, they are definately sedevacantist but they are not CMRI. They are affiliated with them because of their shared theological position, but Fr. Cekada and Bishop Dolan are not CMRI priests.
[/quote]

You are right…Sorry. I remember now…

**It’s too bad this is a sede church, because it is SO Catholic. A lot of people are going there in search of traditional Catholicism…Having become dissatisfied with the large and very liberal Catholic churches in the area. **

I do believe that these people are sincere…but wrong. I could NEVER make myself say that the present and recent past popes were not “real” popes and that the NO Mass is not valid…Wacky sometimes, but valid nonetheless .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.