St. Joseph

I don’t know if this is the right place, this is my first time doing this. I would like us to reflect and discuss for a time about St. Joseph, Mary’s spouse, A biblical figure who has always intrigued me. Mary’s parents Anne and Joachim arranged the marriage when Mary told them she wanted to remain a virgin. This then was a remarkable decision for Joseph to accept. Before they were even married she came to him and told him she was with God’s child. Joseph’s head must have been spinning!!! He also like the other biblical Joseph had a gift for dreaming, at least twice saving the holy family from danger and ruin. If anyone else has any more information regarding this remarkable man I would love to discuss it.
God bless
Meadhbh

newadvent.org/cathen/08504a.htm St. Joesph

St. Joseph is so often overlooked. He is humble and powerful. I thank him for my family. Anytime I have prayed to him, my prayers have been answered.

St. Joseph is my younger sister's patron (born on March 19), and thus a co-patron of my family. :)

With due respect, it seems our information is limited to what the gospel says about Joseph, no? If you are referring to stories outside of scripture, then you’re pretty much at the mercy of the story teller, as far as accuracy goes.

Joseph comes across as a humble dedicated family man. He “handled” whatever was asked of him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.