St. Luke Productions: Vianney

I encourage people to view the "trailer" for this play that will be presented from now until May in California, Ohio, Ontario, Canada, and New York. This is the same production company that produced the great Catholic movie Therese, with the man who portrayed her father as St. John Marie Vianney.

The trailer can be viewed here

This is what a bishop had to say about it:

“I believe that this drama has the potential of doing great good for the Church, not just in encouragement for vocations to the priesthood, but as an encouragement of God’s call to each individual soul, in family life, single life or religious life…”

I saw Mr. Defilippis' play The Gospel According to John a few years back, and was not disappointed.

Has anyone here seen Vianney?

I saw the play last year when the heart of St. Jean Marie Vianney came to our parish in Modesto, Ca.
This will bring tears to your eyes. Absolutly phenonimal (sp.). A must see if you can get tickets. I give it four thumbs up, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

James :)

I just finished a biography of this Saint.What a gentle and loving man he was and I would love there to be a movie about his life since I can not get to these places where the plays will be.

[quote="Musicadmirer, post:1, topic:226666"]
I encourage people to view the "trailer" for this play that will be presented from now until May in California, Ohio, Ontario, Canada, and New York. This is the same production company that produced the great Catholic movie Therese, with the man who portrayed her father as St. John Marie Vianney.

The trailer can be viewed here

This is what a bishop had to say about it:

“I believe that this drama has the potential of doing great good for the Church, not just in encouragement for vocations to the priesthood, but as an encouragement of God’s call to each individual soul, in family life, single life or religious life…”

I saw Mr. Defilippis' play The Gospel According to John a few years back, and was not disappointed.

Has anyone here seen Vianney?

[/quote]

Just saw the play here in our parish...it is very touching....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.