St. Mary's College

I wasn't sure where to post this but I was wanting your opinions on this College.

smac.edu/?CollegeMain

Seems great to me, what do you guys think?

Off-hand it looks promising, at least from what they say on the website. They say all the right things, at least from a Catholic point of view. It's hard to determine more without going there I suppose. I will mention that if you're considering St. Mary's for college (and not the academy which appears to be for younger ages) there is another college in Kansas which is apparently very good called Benedictine College (benedictine.edu/). It's in the Newman Guide (thenewmanguide.com/) which lists Catholic Colleges that are confirmed to be both plays of quality education and fully in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church in all aspects.

Hopefully that was at least somewhat helpful.

They're run by the SSPX.

[quote="Elvenwarrior2k1, post:2, topic:247495"]
Off-hand it looks promising, at least from what they say on the website. They say all the right things, at least from a Catholic point of view. It's hard to determine more without going there I suppose. I will mention that if you're considering St. Mary's for college (and not the academy which appears to be for younger ages) there is another college in Kansas which is apparently very good called Benedictine College (benedictine.edu/). It's in the Newman Guide (thenewmanguide.com/) which lists Catholic Colleges that are confirmed to be both plays of quality education and fully in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church in all aspects.

Hopefully that was at least somewhat helpful.

[/quote]

Benedictine is an excellent college. I can attest to that...I'm a college sophomore there! I absolutely love it, and am so glad I chose that college. The only downside, of course, is the cost. If you'd like to know more about it, please let me know. :)

It looks like a pretty good college. Just a warning however. it is run by the Society of Saint Pius the X, an ultra conservative (I have no problem with this) schismatic (I do have a problem with this) group. They are not sanctioned by the Holy See.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.