St. Michael prayer...

I am a new catechumen and after we received the Rite of Acceptance, we were told to be aware that now that we had made the decision to join the Church, we would be under attack by Satan as he does not like it when this decision is made. I really never thought much about the comment until 2 weeks ago and I noticed that I felt completely unqualified to do my job. I had constant feelings of stress and inadequacy that I had never felt the likes of before. I was seriously ready to go and tell my boss I did not feel as if I could do my job and needed to be let go.

Fast forward to this past Thursday night after RCIA. I was at the lowest point and felt as if I were not going to be able to continue on. I then came to CA.com and begin to research a bit and found many people talking about the St. Michael prayer. I looked into it and felt that maybe this could help me out of the funk I was in. I looked it up online and found that is was no more than a 30 second prayer but, it took me over 10 minutes to say as I laid everything out and asked St. Michael and our Mother Mary to intercede on my behalf.

10 minutes after saying this prayer, I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of me and I went to sleep peacefully for the first time in days. When I awoke, I was calm and at peace, having the best day I had had since our Rite. With all of this being said, I know that Satan truly is looking for us and that only through prayer and the intercession of the saints will we stave him off.

Thank you for listening (reading) to my witness about the power of this prayer!!!!

Excellent!

You might consider then praying the Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel.

Here > catholicdoors.com/prayers/chaplets/chap08.htm

The Chaplet concludes with the following prayer (another great prayer to Michael the Archangel)....

"O glorious Prince St. Michael,
chief and commander of the heavenly hosts,
guardian of souls,
vanquisher of rebel spirits,
servant in the house of the Divine King,
and our admirable conductor,
thou who dost shine with excellence and superhuman virtue,
vouchsafe to deliver us from all evil,
who turn to thee with confidence,
and enable us by thy gracious protection
to serve God more and more faithfully every day.
Amen."

V. Pray for us, O Glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ.
R. That we may be made worthy of His Promises.

http://imageshack.us/a/img811/7092/michaelarchangel7sz.gif

[quote="jhyer, post:1, topic:312920"]
I am a new catechumen and after we received the Rite of Acceptance, we were told to be aware that now that we had made the decision to join the Church, we would be under attack by Satan as he does not like it when this decision is made. I really never thought much about the comment until 2 weeks ago and I noticed that I felt completely unqualified to do my job. I had constant feelings of stress and inadequacy that I had never felt the likes of before. I was seriously ready to go and tell my boss I did not feel as if I could do my job and needed to be let go.

Fast forward to this past Thursday night after RCIA. I was at the lowest point and felt as if I were not going to be able to continue on. I then came to CA.com and begin to research a bit and found many people talking about the St. Michael prayer. I looked into it and felt that maybe this could help me out of the funk I was in. I looked it up online and found that is was no more than a 30 second prayer but, it took me over 10 minutes to say as I laid everything out and asked St. Michael and our Mother Mary to intercede on my behalf.

10 minutes after saying this prayer, I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of me and I went to sleep peacefully for the first time in days. When I awoke, I was calm and at peace, having the best day I had had since our Rite. With all of this being said, I know that Satan truly is looking for us and that only through prayer and the intercession of the saints will we stave him off.

Thank you for listening (reading) to my witness about the power of this prayer!!!!

[/quote]

Glory to God for all things! :signofcross:

What a wonderful witness you gave. It is one of my prayers I say several times a day. Thanks for sharing.

Prayer is great and can be rewarding. God bless

Vade retro, Satana!

May the living God shew forth his power in the lives of all his faithful.

Thank you all! I have truly felt the protection of our Lord and St. Michael!

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.