St. Moses?

May we not assume that Moses and Elijah are in Heaven since they were at the Transfiguration? Why are they not considered saints? Even St. Anne, the mother of Mary, who is not even mentioned in the New Testament, let alone the Old Testament, is recognized a saint.

Yes. I once heard of a guy on here who picked Moses as his Confirmation saint.

In fact, if I am not mistaken the Old Testament prophets are regarded as saints by the Church, though I think it’s by habit that we don’t attach the term “saint” to them.

[quote=FuzzyBunny116]Yes. I once heard of a guy on here who picked Moses as his Confirmation saint.
[/quote]

OK,

When is Moses’ feast day?

[quote=Milliardo]In fact, if I am not mistaken the Old Testament prophets are regarded as saints by the Church, though I think it’s by habit that we don’t attach the term “saint” to them.
[/quote]

It’s just that I had never been encouraged to ask for their intercession in my training/formation. Just wasn’t done.

I’ve always wondered this myself. Perhaps this would be a good question to ask our apologists?

November 25 is the feast day of Saint Moses.

According to a website, Moses’ feastday was listed in the pre-1969 Roman Martyrology as September 9. However, this website lists Moses’ feastday in the 1749 Roman Martyrology as September 4.

I don’t think Moses has feastday in the general calendar any more so now he is probably celebrated with the other feastdayless saints on All Saints Day, November 1.

I think it would be a good idea to honor the Patriarchs, because it would show we are more closely connected with the Jews. Of course, on the other hand some may accuse us of “Christianizing” their Holy Patriarchs. But I don’t think it’s a bad idea.

In the Modern Catholic Dictionary of 2001 it shows November 25 as the feast day of Saint Moses.

The Feast Day of St. Elijah is July 20; this Feast is a prominent one for the two Carmelite Orders of the Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.