St. Norbert Day: Norbertines

Founded in France in 1120, the men’s branch are canons regular. There are both cloistered nuns and active sisters, as well.

Wiki article with links at end: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonstratensians

One of my good friends is joining Saint Michael’s Abbey in California this August to become a Norbertine canon regular. We are very proud of him, and the Abbey looks wonderful!

Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out:

stmichaelsabbey.com

Also, the Abbey ran a seven-part short video series throughout the Easter Season called City of Saints, which was very heart-warming. I encourage everyone on CAF check them out!

May God bless you all! :slight_smile:

I may have shared this before, but the Norbertine canonesses in Tehachapi are very close to my heart. In the 1980s, I was pestering the canons to bring some nuns in from Europe. I even wrote the Dutch Norbertine nuns, who said they didn’t have the personnel. In a fit of despair, I looked to Heaven and said, “I think you’re going to have to get a group of American women together to do this!”

The rest is history, as they say. And what a history it is for the CA canonesses!

There are now active Norbertine Sisters in SoCal who are receiving vocations.

sppc.us/norbertine-sisters

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.