"St. Patrick wasn't Catholic."

If you want to see a truly outlandish fundy twist himself inside out trying to prove that, check out this thread at Protest Warrior: forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=75708&start=75

This guy and I have tangled numerous times, and he’s so full of hate and evil–yet is an OSAS “Christian”–that I think he’s truly possessed. Or, at least on the road to it. I tried talking to him like a man in the past, but he’s too far gone. He stalks me and will post ANYTHING to contradict me, even if it contradicts himself.

That said, anyone ever come across this particular accusation before?

[quote=montanaman]If you want to see a truly outlandish fundy twist himself inside out trying to prove that, check out this thread at Protest Warrior: forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=75708&start=75

This guy and I have tangled numerous times, and he’s so full of hate and evil–yet is an OSAS “Christian”–that I think he’s truly possessed. Or, at least on the road to it. I tried talking to him like a man in the past, but he’s too far gone. He stalks me and will post ANYTHING to contradict me, even if it contradicts himself.

[/quote]

See this article:
catholic.com/thisrock/1997/9703prof.asp

I think the claim even makes most Protestants cringe with embarrassment for the person who spouts such a claim.

I think it might be good to gently ask this person to bring up some quotes from St. Patrick that “show” he wasn’t Catholic. Anything that gets this person reading early Church history would be extremely beneficial. :thumbsup:

[quote=montanaman]If you want to see a truly outlandish fundy twist himself inside out trying to prove that, check out this thread at Protest Warrior: forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=75708&start=75

[/quote]

Sometimes I wonder about these guys!

Sucks to be me then.

i honestly dont see how anyone could possibly make any sort of argument for this point what so ever. yeah, he wasnt catholic, he was protestant…right. there wasnt even a division between east and west yet, and the reformation wouldnt happen for over a thousand years after his death!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.