St Philomena

Does anyone here have a devotion to St Philomena?

I'm trying to learn more about her :)

Then you have to read this page:

saintphilomena.com/aboutst.htm

St. Philomena was St. John Vianney’s helper and the one he relied upon. She’s an extremely brave martyr. It’s a shame few people recognize her anymore. :frowning:

The cord of St. Philomena is a wonderful devotion. :slight_smile:

Yes, she was a great friend to St. Jean Marie Vianney… He owed many miracles to her assistance.

There is a daily short morning and evening prayer you can say to her:

“Saint Philomena, virgin and Martyr, pray for us that through thy powerful intercession we may obtain that purity of mind and heart which leads to the perfect love of God. Amen.”

thank you!! :)

I attend St’ Philomena Church in Carson, California. I wear the cord of St. Philomena around my waist. And I have asked St. Philomena to protect my Mother’s soul as she loses her mind to Alzheimer’s, and to intercede with God that she may go to heaven, even though she is Church Of England, not Catholic. (She was born in England,)

I just read about St Philomena. :slight_smile: I felt so much joy while reading her story. I want to have a devotion to her too. Thank you for your post…before I came here, I just asked St Philomena for the complete conversion and salvation of my family, because this is one of my greatest prayer requests. (my family are not Catholic either) I’m also thinking of getting a cord. Do you know where to find those? I was surprised to see your post because it’s about the exact things I was just thinking/praying about :cool:
God bless :slight_smile:

Saint Philomena is my best friend and my son’s godmother. I conceived him through her intercession and I pray for more! She always brings about about a most favorable outcome and I’m so blessed it’s not an accident I pray to her!

Present Ecclesial Status of Devotion to Saint Philomena

philomena.us/Present%20Ecclesial%20Status-St.%20Philomena%20Nov%204.htm

BEST SAINT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St.philomena, pray for us that purity of mind and heart which leads to perfect love of GOD!

PS do you think we could start up a St.Philomena people group? i am a freak when it comes to Philomena!

sure, let's start one! :D

unfortunately, i do not know how to start a group or subscibe to one. when it comes to technologly, i am very stupid!

Just love St. Philomena. Had an aunt named after her. Tan books has re-released Fr. Sullivan’s book, St. Philomena The Wonder Worker. Beautiful but simple account of this saint. She was removed from the universal calendar, but I believe she should be re-instated. She has answered prayers for me with favorable results.:thumbsup: to the little
Thaumaturga (miracle-worker)

[quote="Monica4316, post:6, topic:179845"]
I just read about St Philomena. :) I felt so much joy while reading her story. I want to have a devotion to her too. Thank you for your post..before I came here, I just asked St Philomena for the complete conversion and salvation of my family, because this is one of my greatest prayer requests. (my family are not Catholic either) I'm also thinking of getting a cord. Do you know where to find those? I was surprised to see your post because it's about the exact things I was just thinking/praying about :cool:
God bless :)

[/quote]

Cords and other items from the source

philomena.us/devotional_items.asp

[quote="corinne333, post:12, topic:179845"]
unfortunately, i do not know how to start a group or subscibe to one. when it comes to technologly, i am very stupid!

[/quote]

it's okay! :) I can make a group if you want!

[quote="plato3, post:13, topic:179845"]
Just love St. Philomena. Had an aunt named after her. Tan books has re-released Fr. Sullivan's book, St. Philomena The Wonder Worker. Beautiful but simple account of this saint. She was removed from the universal calendar, but I believe she should be re-instated. She has answered prayers for me with favorable results.:thumbsup: to the little
Thaumaturga (miracle-worker)

[/quote]

[quote="BVM_1221, post:14, topic:179845"]
Cords and other items from the source

philomena.us/devotional_items.asp

[/quote]

:thumbsup: thanks :)

I made a St Philomena group!! :slight_smile: hopefully this link would work… click here, and then join :slight_smile:

forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=411

if it doesn’t work, then go to “groups” over at the top, and search for “St Philomena”

God bless!

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.