St. Seraphim of Sarov - Acquire inner peace

Does anyone know the context of this quote: "Acquire inner peace, and thousands around you will find their salvation,” by St. Seraphim of Sarov

Thank you and God bless!

John

Check out “The Little Russian Philokalia vol. I.” (I think it’s volume I. It’s whatever volume features St. Seraphim). It’s in the context of a conversation that he had with his spiritual son, Motovilov. The whole conversation is well worth reading. :thumbsup:

It is from St. Sepahim from his conversation on the acquisition of the Holy Spirit.
You can read here:
fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/seraphim_e.htm

St. Seraphim of Sarov: Life and Teachings, by Bishop Alexander (Mileant), Translated by Nicholas and Natalia Semyanko

It is something said to many near the end of his life, after he had a vision of the Mother of God.

One source or your quote:
page 126
St. Seraphim of Sarov: A Spiritial Biography
by Archimandrite Lazarus Moore
Blanco, Texas, New Sarov Press, 1994

An alternate translation is: “Acquire the Holy Spirit and thousands around you will be saved.”

It is volume I.

Thank you! :smiley: I have it and have read it, but just couldn’t remember which volume it was. :blush:

Dear Everyone,

Thank you for all the help!

God bless you all!

John

Sarov is cool.

“Cheerfulness is not a sin. It drives away weariness, for from weariness there is sometimes dejection, and there is nothing worse than that.” – S.S. of S.

If I continue and complete my catechism in the Orthodox Church, Seraphim was the name given to me at my initial reception.

From all accounts I’ve read, he had quite a sense of humor; one that was not lost in even the direst of situations.

St. Seraphim of Sarov is my Patron Saint for this year! He is a cool guy, he chilled with bears! But, poor guy got stomped on my some thugs when he was really old too. I want to be like him! Forest, here I come!:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.