Stage 4 lung cancer and fallen away Catholic

Dear Friends,

Please pray for my husband Ralph, He has stage 4 lung cancer that has spread to his bones. Also please pray he comes back to God and His Church before it's too late. He was raised Catholic by a very devout mother, (FIL-was Catholic but only in name) but as he grew, he grew farther and farther away from The Church and his belief in God.

Please pray for the health of his body and SOUL!

God Bless You!

Karen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

*Karen, I am praying for you and with you **for your husband Ralph’s *spiritual and physical healing.
[LEFT]*This from a *[FONT=Trebuchet MS]St. Peregrine Holy Card that was given to my husband when he was first diagnosed (also at Stage IV, but with head & neck cancer), just before Christmas, 2003~[/FONT] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]O God,
in Saint Peregrine You gave us an outstanding example of faith and patience, we humbly ask You that by imitating him and by the help of his prayers, we believe more fully in Your healing help, bear the suffering of this life without wavering, and come with joy to the peace of heaven. We ask this through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Wishing I could hug you somehow,
Keeping you both in my prayers~
BriarRose[/LEFT]

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Dear Karen, I am praying and will pray for you and Ralph. Do not be anxious about his return, but lift it all up to God, who knows perfectly Ralph’s heart, and trust in Him. J.

Three Prayers to be prayed for and in the presence of a dying person and should be prayed often as an act of mercy on behalf of the dying person

Start with : Our Father

1.Lord Jesus Christ! Thou Son of God and Son of the Virgin Mary, God and Man ! Thou who in fear sweated blood for us on the Mount of Olives in order to bring peace and to offer Thy most Holy Death to God, Thy Heavenly Father, for the salvation of this dying person (insert name). If it be, however that by his sins he merits eternal damnation then may it be defleted from him. This, O Eternal Father, through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Dear Son, Who liveth and reigneth in union with thee and Thy Holy Spirit, now and forever, Amen

2.Lord Jesus Christ ! Thou Who meekly died on the trunk of the Cross for us, submitting Thy Will completely to Thy Heavenly Father in order to bring peace and to offer Thy most Holy Death to Thy Heavenly Father in order to free . . .(insert name). . .and to hide from him what he has earned with his sins; grant this O Eternal Father ! Through Our Lord Jesus, Thy Son Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in union with the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen

1. Lord Jesus Christ ! Thou Who remained silent to speak through the mouths of the prophets; I have drawn Thee to me through Eternal Love, which Love drew Thee from heaven into the body of the Virgin, which Love drew Thee from the body of the Virgin into the valley of this needful world, which Love kept Thee thirty-three years in this world. As a sign of great Love, Thou hast given Thy Holy Body as true food and They holy Blood as true drink. As a sign of great Love, Thou has consented to be a prisoner and to be led from one judge to another. As a sign of great Love, thou hast consented to be condemned to death, and hast consented to die and to be buried and truly risen, and to appear to Thy Holy Mother and all the holy apostles . As a sign of great Love, Thou has ascended under Thy own strength and power, and sitteth at the right hand of God, Thy Heavenly Father. Thou has sent Thy Holy Spirit into the hearts of Thy apostles and the hearts of all who hope and believe in Thee. Through Thy sign of Eternal Love, open heaven today and take this dying person …(insert name)… and all his forgiven sins in the realm of Thy Heavenly Father, that he may reign with Thee now and forever. Amen

It is related that if these prayers are recited in the presence of a great sinner who is about to die, will aid them with many graces and even assist them in their suffering in purgatory so that they will be freed from any punishments that are due to their sins. These prayers received the Indulgenced of Pope Leo XIII on May 21, 1892. These prayer can be found in THE PIETA PRAYER BOOK

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you, O Virgins of virgins, our Mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in your mercy hear us and answer us. Amen.

*** We seek thy merciful aid, St. Peregrine, especially for those afflicted or threatened by cancer, by any ailment of the foot, or by any incurable diseases. Please help us quickly to find a cure for cancer, and a remedy for all our human infirmities of soul, mind, and body. Amen.

V. Keep us, O Lord, as the apple of Thine Eye,

R. In the shadow of Thy Wings, protect us.

2heartsnetwork.org/Peregrine.htm*

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Shiedham, patroness of those
afflicted with prolonged suffering and Servant of God Father Nelson Baker. Adding prayers to St. Giles, St. Alegundis and Blessed James Salamone also for cure of his cancer and for all those so afflicted. Also prayers to St Monica that DH will come back to Jesus. **

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

[quote="lemonbeam, post:10, topic:180375"]
Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine

[/quote]

Amen!

Praying for your husband Ralph and for you and hoping that he will return to the sacraments before he passes away ...

Hail Mary
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

God Bless and thank you all for your prayers and kind words.:)

Karen

*** We seek thy merciful aid, St. Peregrine, especially for those afflicted or threatened by cancer, by any ailment of the foot, or by any incurable diseases. Please help us quickly to find a cure for cancer, and a remedy for all our human infirmities of soul, mind, and body. Amen.

V. Keep us, O Lord, as the apple of Thine Eye,

R. In the shadow of Thy Wings, protect us.

2heartsnetwork.org/Peregrine.htm*

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Shiedham, patroness of those
afflicted with prolonged suffering and Servant of God Father Nelson Baker(for you and DH). Adding prayers to St. Giles, St. Alegundis and Blessed James Salamone also for cure of his cancer and for all those so afflicted. Also prayers to St Monica that DH will come back to Jesus.

Praying for your husband, and for you.

Dear karen 1960, I usually don’t respond in the prayer forums, but keep them in quiet consideration, but this one has been bugging me. I’m a late stage 3 survivor, 7 years now. It had spread to my lungs as well so I know what it feels like. It’s a dam hard road, no joke and I was 32, in good shape at the time. I had even just passed a APFT (army pyshical fitness test) to Ranger standards even though I was full of cancer , unknowingly at the time. Even though I was in peak condition, it nearly killed me in less then 13 weeks and nearly is a gross understatement. I have been in the abyss, no doubt about it, but the Lord spared me, for some reason and I have been a horrid sinner all my adult life. I’m saying, if He would do it for me, He would do it for anyone. I don’t mean life, but mercy. We know stage 4 is very serious and if the Lord finds that your husband is ready to accept Him, He may take him when the time is right, but only when grace is at it’s peak effectiveness. Have confidence in this and I urge you to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet with your husband and anyone else who reads this in the same spirit. Take care, Tim

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you, O Virgins of virgins, our Mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in your mercy hear us and answer us. Amen.

Praying hard to St. Peregrine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.