Stage 4 lung cancer

please pray for my friend, mike. he has just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

Praying for your friend Mike…

Please provide encouragement for him to seek vigorous medical treatment in addition to your prayers …

I have a friend who was diagnosed over 5 years ago with Stage IV Lung cancer … he is still alive today … He was told he had aout 6 months to live … He closed is business, they sold there house and moved [closer to his wife’s family] and …

Turned down for any surgery or treatment …

Requested to participate in a clinica trial … turned down … perservered… accepted in the trial … good results…

Went back to Doctor who refused to operate … he reconsidered [against the wishes of the clinical trial folks] … had some surgery … has had several treatments, some set backs …

Long story - short; he is back to working part time … loving life, loving his wife and sons …

His wife is a powerful prayer [they are Lutheran], who loves our Lord and turns to Him for everything … Both good Christian folks who reach out to others and see the Face of Christ …

Keep the faith but advocate for yourself … The Doctors don’t know the power and healing of a life lived in Christ …

My friend know works with those receiveing this diagnosis … a ministry of Hope … helping these people live each and every day to the fullest whether the diagnosis grim or not … In reality, we are live each day as if it is our last, and honor the gift of Life until we go to the Father …

**Dear Jesus, **
**Hold Mike with his family and friends in Your loving embrace. **
**Grant them the gift of yor Grace and bestow upon them Your blessings and strength, **
Amen.

Praying for Mike.

Prayers promised

thank you. he starts chemo on friday. his wife told me that they have to decide to do standard chemo or to participate in one of the clinical trials.

also, his family needs prayers to turn over their struggles to God. from what i can tell they haven’t been a very religious family, but hopefully they are hearing God’s call in this time of suffering.

Included in my prayers…

Hail Mary
Full of grace the Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary
Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I’ll be keeping Mike and his family in my prayers.

Dear "ChewChoo"
I will be adding “Mike” to my petitions for my rosaries! Be sure he knows that others are praying for him…that seems to always help! My preference for a single prayer is this one:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help,
or sought thine intercession
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother;
to thee do I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen

**___________________________ **

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Prayers out.:gopray:

Fr. Solanus Casey pray for him…Fr. Solanus Casey intercede for him…Fr. Solanus Casey walk with him. Amen

ah yes, fr. solanus, pray for him!

Praying very hard to St. Peregrine for him!

I’m so sorry to hear the news of your friend, Mike.

I will be praying the chaplet of Divine Mercy for him and his family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.