Stallone slams "lazy" Bruce Willis

za.omg.yahoo.com/news/stallone-slams-lazy-bruce-willis-084931598.html

Any comments?

The more sequels a film has the more boring they become, and they lose a lot of the big name actors.

Expendables was good. I enjoyed it. Not so much the sequels. I have only seen one and that’s because it was on The Movie Channel. I would never buy it.

Too bad. Willis brought a different quality to the first two Expendables movies that I don’t think Harrison Ford will be able to replace. Mixing up the cast will keep things interesting and funny of course, and I’m pleased Harrison Ford will be on board, but Bruce Willis and the character he plays are not among the elements I would have said should be left out in the next one.

I haven’t seen Expedables but I did see the Die Hard movies.

Bruce Willis never convinced me he could be an action hero. He still talks with the smart alecky attitudes and shameless grimacing he had in Moonlighting, the tv series.
The Arnold and Steven Siegal wouldn’t do that.
Stallone is that great either, but he’s a believable go all the way hero.

Harrison Ford does it differently and believably. He has weaknesses and insecurities, but overcomes them to complete the mission. He’s like us.

Considering what Stallone may be doing for an upcoming film, I’m not sure he should be calling anyone lazy.

imdb.com/title/tt3076658/?ref_=sr_2

What everyone is forgetting Bruce Willis and Sly are no spring chickens, they are grand fathers,
acting like they were 2O again, we all slow up with age, they should retire, they are to old for action movies, Sly Stallone is 67 not far from 70 , and Bruce Willis is 58 not far from 60, would you expect your grand father to act in a fast paced action movie, I hope not. These guys operate on there ego and adulation, its time to grow up and act there age, yes they are getting old.:harp:

Part of the humor of the Expendables movies is the age of the people in them. Though in the second one Chuck Norris seemed to be announcing his retirement from action films (if not from show biz entirely) to the audience, if I didn’t misunderstand his lines.

I just hope that Weird Al Yankovic is in the planning stages of “UHF II - the Digital rebellion” I can hardly wait for that.

So until what age is it appropriate for one to make movies?

Really?? I’d go just to see Harrison Ford! I’m not a big Bruce Willis fan since he just always seems to be playing “Bruce Willis” in any movie he’s in.

I’m just saying Harrison Ford is a very different actor and doubtless will play a character with a very different feel than Willis’s “Church”. All things considered I’m likely to get more excited for Ford than Willis, especially since Ford proved in Cowboys and Aliens that he can still play interesting new characters. Also I agree with that criticism of Willis, though it is less true in the case of the Expendables movies.

I’m just saying I’d have liked to see Willis return for The Expendables 3. As I remember it he had a sort of clean, professional, slick but tough attitude that contrasted with the grittier and more rebellious main characters (and also with the characters he usually plays). The young Harrison Ford might have been able to play a similar character, but I don’t think the old one is. Hopefully they’ll do something else to counterbalance all the grimy bad boys (besides the Asian kung-fu types).

I admire both these men, and I’m sad to see them fighting. But if I had to choose which one of them to support, I would say Stallone, because he’s a practicing Catholic, and Willis is an atheist (I think; he said he didn’t believe in organized religion).

But if I had to choose which one of them to support, I would say Stallone, because he’s a practicing Catholic, and Willis is an atheist (I think; he said he didn’t believe in organized religion).

In one of his movies,
Willis played a psychiatrist.
He had an explicit sex scene which I can’t even describe on this forum.

It’s anything for money with him.

Harrison Ford? Is there a more lazy actor? Didn’t he retire from acting in 1990?

Stallone has made a very good living being Stallone - just like John Wayne made a good living being John Wayne - not much range in either’s acting abilities but good at “their” charactor. Willis has played everything and done most of them well.

Stallone has made a very good living being Stallone - just like John Wayne made a good living being John Wayne - not much range in either’s acting abilities but good at “their” charactor. Willis has played everything and done most of them well.

In a John Wayne movie, Wayne knew that to make a good movie other actors had to be given their share of the screen presence. In True Grit, Wayne almost seemed like a supporting actor backing up the girl.
In a Bruce Willis movie, it’s all about Willis.

It’s kind of like the 1960s tv show Medical Center. Chad Everett had it in his contract that he would be on the screen at least 50% of the time. Must have driven the writers crazy! :banghead: ( “What do we have his majesty say here, boys?” )

This is why Wayne is a well-loved legend while Willis will soon be forgotten.

Wayne has been forgotten by anyone younger than 50.

He wasn’t that good of an actor. Even arnold schwarzenegger was a better actor than him.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As governor, maybe :smiley:

Celebspeak.

I guess more money is always in the thought process :shrug:

[quote]Originally Posted by empther View Post
This is why Wayne is a well-loved legend while Willis will soon be forgotten.

Wayne has been forgotten by anyone younger than 50.

[/quote]

Apparently not. Watch Pawn Stars. Any kind of John Wayne memorabilia brings big money. Who buys a Bruce Willis item? Nobody.

Anyways, Wayne died 34 years ago.
34 years after Willis dies, who will remember him? :shrug:

He wasn’t that good of an actor. Even arnold schwarzenegger was a better actor than him.

But in some of his parts, John Wayne spoke about American values. This is why people remember him and his movies are constantly on the cable channels,
**34 years after his death! **:bigyikes: :smiley:

I guess you didn’t see “42” and hear all the talk about Harrison Ford being nominated for an Oscar.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.