Stand or Kneel during the Eucharist?

After being away from the faith for roughly 7 years, I returned to Catholicism and the Mass approximately two years ago, and it seemed unusual that the parishoners were all standing right before receiving Holy Communion during the prayer, “Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.” I stood along with everyone else. I began attending a more traditional church in June and noticed almost everyone kneels during this prayer, but a small handful–a clear minority–still stand, and I do not understand why they stand. Is it “acceptable” to stand? It is difficult to explain, but I do not want to stand; I want to kneel. When did this change, and why do some parishoners think that standing is appropriate?

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Should we kneel during the consecration?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.