Standing for a marriage the world says is hopeless

Tonight I ask for prayers and guidance. I haven’t spoken to my wife in over 9 months. We are legally divorced. Yet I can’t bring myself to forget her or persue and annulment. It’s just not right, I made a promise before God. And she is sick. I took her in sickness and in health. For the most part, I’ve lived a chaste life, waiting and praying for her. But I am weary. However, I know that nothing is impossible with God. Every once in a while, I have someone say they will pray for us. But what if we really prayed for my wife? and our marriage? Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, there am I in their midst. I’m asking for at least one other person to pray for my wife. Change her heart. Heal her hurt, her anger, her sin. Grant me patience, hope, forgiveness and openness. Together, her and I have so much potential. We can use that for the greater glory of God.

That is my solemn prayer.

Dear Saint Ann & Saint Joachim, your marriage nurtured your daughter Mary who became the Mother of God. Intercede with your daughter before Jesus who became her Son; heal the illness, hurt & anger which threatens this marriage. Restore this husband to his wife, that their marriage may be again a sacrament of God’s love. I humbly ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives & reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God forever & ever, Amen!

Praying for you, your wife, and your marriage…

Praying for you, your wife and your marriage. Don’t lose hope or faith.

You are right Gambino, there is always hope.

St. Joseph, please pray for this family that they might heal and become one again. In the name of Christ, our Lord.

Nothing is impossible with God!

Matthew 17:20: He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Lord Jesus, with great confidence and hope, we stand before you and beg you to heal your son and daughter, whose marriage is on rocky ground. Bless them with Your spirit, and give them eyes to see each other as you see them. Let their love be rekindled and let their love be a great witness to the world. We ask this in Your name and humbly submit to Your will.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

God bless you, gambino, for your hope and trust.
Praying for you, your wife and marriage.

Praying for you…

Your post is so beautiful. It touched me deep. To have that much love for another is exactly what Jesus wanted when St. Paul said that “husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the Church.” You are doing just that. Even when the members of Christ’s body the Church are unfaithful, Jesus still loves and remains faithful. Even when a member seemingly has no hope for salvation to the rest of the Church’s members, Jesus still gives His all for that member. You are loving your wife in that same way. And, you are right, just because a legal divorce has been granted, you are still married in the church’s eyes until proven otherwise. You do not have to seek an annulment. You can still hope and pray with all your heart and I will pray too. God bless you and your marriage.

***† JMJTJ †

Your intentions will be in my prayers.*

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you † ***

Faith springs miracles!!! Ohhh, what if Saint Monica would of lost her faith?..There would be no Saint Augustine!

What if Saint Rita would of lost her faith? Her husband would of never converted!!!

That faith you have, is a treasure without end, continue to nurish it and the Good Lord will take care of the rest.

(Get Saint Ritas’ book, it will nurish your faith, it did me)

Praying very hard for you and your wife!

Prayers promised that God’s will be done in both your lives.

Jesus no prayer for this marriage is deeper or more true than the prayers in this man’s heart. I give my “ame” to all his prayer for his wife and marriage Jesus.
May God’s will be done in their lives

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.