Star Trek: Who has the best bedside manner?

Taking a clue from the poll on Worf vs. the Tribbles,which doctor has the best bedside manner? Who is your favorite doctor and why? What quotes are the best ones from your favorite doctor?

SInce you can choose multiple choices, I chose McCoy and The Doctor from Voyager.

Spock and McCoy ‘debates’ are priceless
and I thought the Holographic doctor was more understanding but had a sharp tongue when he needed to make his point.

You forgot Dr. Christine Chapel.

McCoy, because as a Southerner myself I would simply feel more comfortable with someone caring for me in my own Southern Drawl :smiley:
Sure, he could seem at little cranky at times, but he always had the well being of his patients foremost in his mind at all times. Under that tough sarcastic shell was a truely compassionet doctor. McCoy all the way!

You left out Dr. Pulaski from the second season of Next Generation

Wasn’t she Nurse Chapel?

I chose Beverly Crusher because she was a woman - okay, not really, she was just good, she knew when to make the patient follow directions and how to get them to do it.

Of course, Dr. Phlox was just cool. He was funny and used a lot of humor in treating his patients.

Oh, and The Doctor (from Voyager) was an EMH or Emergency Medical Hologram and like Dr. Bashir he was just a bit too snooty.

Brenda V.

As of ST:TMP she was Christine Chapel, M.D.

I had to vote for Bones. He was gruff, but kind. And more hands on. Whenever people ask, who do you like better, Spock or Kirk, I say McCoy. He always seemed to stick up for what was RIGHT, no matter what the cost, or how illogical it seemed.

Crusher was just kind of there. She didn’t seem to DO much. Just wave the tricorder around and speak softly.

I haven’t seen much of the other series (DH loves DS9 and we’ll be watching it in its entirety soon…I’ve seen a bit of Voyager and like the holographic Doctor, but haven’t seen enough to form a real opinion).

What ‘x’ said! :smiley:

Besides, cranky doctors always make you feel there can’t be anything too wrong with you. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Dammit, Jim, I’m a doctor, not a chiropractor!”

My favorite is “I’m a doctor, not an escalator!” from Friday’s Child :rotfl:

Beverly Crusher I have always had a thing for redheads with curves :smiley:

You sound like my husband!! :smiley:

~Liza

Sorry about that! I was thinking about the major characters and forgot about those who were Doctors either temporarily or in a few movies. I guess they would be the “Other” catagory.:o

A McCoy quote, short and to the point:

“Jim, he’s dead.”

A man of a few words!

How about: “It’s worse than that, Jim - his brain is gone.” :rotfl:

Me too! :love:

How about the end of that episode:

Bones, interrupting: “I knew it was wrong. I shouldn’t have done it.”

Kirk: “What’s that?”

Bones: “I should have never reconnected his mouth.”

As for me. Give the the redhead :stuck_out_tongue:

As a person who has watched every episode of Voyager at least 4 times over, I can say that the Doctor’s bedside manner did improve as the series went on but as he discovered his individuality more his superiority complex grew as well. I think I would choose Dr. Crusher as she is a woman!!!

**I like doctors who are a little gruff.

*“I’m a doctor, not a bricklayer!” * Dr McCoy

“I’m a doctor, not a counterinsurgent!” Hologram Doctor**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.