Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher 'suffers massive heart attack on flight from London to Los Angeles'

msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/topnews/star-wars-actress-carrie-fisher-suffers-massive-heart-attack-on-flight-from-london-to-los-angeles/ar-BBxvisb?li=AAaeUIW&ocid=spartanntp

Minor news in a larger context but it puts in perspective how long ago the first Star Wars movies are and how the actors in them that survive are now mostly senior citizens.

Very true.

:gopray: speedy recovery.

I understand Carrie Fisher is 60, which, from where I sit, is really not that old. But we do know now that women are just as susceptible to heart attacks after menopause as men, and if they do suffer one are more apt not to survive. Let’s hope Carrie Fisher beats the odds and pulls through without serious damage. Praying for her full recovery.

60 is hardly a senior citizen age. I also read that she had to lose 35 lbs for that Star w
Wars movie.very quickly and doctors say that losing weight too quickly can damage your heart. Hoping for a speedy recovery too. Seems just yesterday sometimes that the first Star Wars movie came out. And yes, I’m much older than she is.

I have a bit of a fear of becoming deathly ill onboard a long flight. Certainly, the attendants know how to handle some things, but to have a massive heart attack? Hours away from an airport? I’m grateful she is still alive.

Some years ago there was talk about putting a defbillator on planes and training attendants how to use it. Maybe some airlines do have this but this should be required as a safety item on all airlines. She was lucky that it occurs only 15 minutes after landing. What would have happened if it was halfway during the flight? Luckily an EMT was on board, but you csnt count on that or a doctor on every flight. Maybe this incident will bring attention to this and force airlines to provide this for their passengers.

If it had happened midway through the flight, everybody would have experienced a midwinter side-trip to Yukon or Alaska.

Praying for her health & recovery.

Praying for her.

Praying for Carrie Fisher’s full recovery.

Praying for her. If anyone can get through this, Carrie can.

My prayers as well.

shakes fist at 2016

No, 2016, you can’t have Princess Leia. The line must be drawn HERE! This far, no farther! :mad:

Wait, wrong movie.

But in all seriousness, yes, prayers for Carrie. My understanding is she has completed her filming for Episode 8. I hope she pulls through to see the completed film.

Captain Picard would agree.

Saw this post from Debbie Reynolds on Facebook:

"My daughter, Carrie Fisher, is in stable condition.
If there is any change, the family will share the information at that time. To all her friends and fans, I thank you all for your prayers and good wishes."

m.facebook.com/thedebbiereynolds/photos/a.228866257252498.1073741828.227597847379339/810616899077428/?type=3&theater

That’s a relief to hear. Don’t know if she’s conscious or not, still going to continue praying.

I was waiting in line to use the rest room when a women asked if she could go ahead of me .
Sensing urgency on her part I let her ahead of me.
It was fortunate for her as before she got the rest room she passed out falling backward enabling me to catch her and put her gently on floor. The limit if my medical capability
The attendants were useless and an RN was also of little use .I’m not sure what her specialty was but it wasn’t ER.
Luckily there was a NYFD officer on the plane who completely took over very impressively.
That guy was a hero.

BREAKING NEWS: I just heard that Carrie Fisher has passed away.

My prayers for the repose of her soul and for her family, particularly her mother, actress Debbie Reynolds.

Carrie had a tormented life in addition to, I’m sure, the good times. She suffered from bipolar disorder as well as alcoholism and drug addiction. Her passing at a relatively young age is very sad but I pray she at last finds peace and joy.

My prayers as well.

She drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

Very sad news.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.