Star Wars church services now

Pretty disgusting.

apnews.myway.com/article/20151220/eu–germany-star_wars_church-2d73de4dc1.html

I find it more sad the extent that a Church would have to go to in order to attract young people.

“It’s great that there are subjects that people are interested in. They trust us to make them part of the church service without making it too Christian or too Star Wars, but to find a good compromise.”

There is something definitely wrong with this message…

:shrug:

God is watching.

That is all I need to add.

Nothing but more ‘conditioning’ of the masses.

“They trust us to make them part of the church service without making it too Christian or too Star Wars, but to find a good compromise.”

Yes, let’s not make a church service “too Christian.” sheesh. :shrug:

May the force be with you!

And with your spirit. :smiley:

This is a protestant service so it doesn’t matter much. If this happened at Mass I’d be mad, and I like Star Wars.

Pretty much sentiments. I wore Boba Fett socks to mass this weekend and I felt like a Rebel.

More like, “May the farce be with you…”

Since when is Christianity supposed to ‘compromise with’ Star Wars???

Exactly. Why should church have anything remotely to do with Star Wars? This is pretty awful. What really got to me was that last sentence of the article, where someone is quoted as saying, basically, he is not willing to go to church for God, but for Star Wars, he’ll do it. What on earth?

On a side note, in reviewing a college application one time I did note that the person put
down “Jedi” as their official religion. Sure enough, it’s a thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism

yeah, and there is also the church of the flying spaghetti monster…you may think this is a joke, but its not, its actually recognized as a real religion, and they were recently given the ‘right’ to marry people.

Just more solid proof imo that we are definitely living in the end times, Im shocked God has not, at the very least, sent a major warning to people…seriously, the blasphemy today cannot get much worse.

What do you mean by “a major warning to people”? Do you expect God to start destroying countries or something?

Look at some of the things God did in biblical times…for some fairly minor offenses, tower of babel comes to mind, modern man has been essentially attempting the same exact thing for decades now, yet not even a peep from God…?? We kill more people than Hitler did thru abortion…still, not a peep from God. Gay marriage was made the law of the land this year, God utterly destroyed 2 cities for this sin…again, no warnings, no signs…??

Yes, I kind of do expect some kinds of warnings…at the very least, maybe that would make people see the errors in all these things.

Maybe we are living during the time when Satan has full rule of the earth…IDk, only thing I can think of??

Who mentioned compromise??? :confused:

:smiley:

Despite the fact that this was not a Catholic church, what’s the over/under on how soon this shows up on certain websites as yet another example of the “Novus Ordo gone wrong?”

You sound like you’re pretty much saying, “where is God in all of this”? I tell you he is there, but he’s not gonna take away free will. This apparent jediism and the flying spaghetti monster guys are just glorified atheists, and although we find it wrong and ridiculous, people have the right to not believe in God,

Abortion is horrible, however the pro-life movement is growing stronger gradually, so attempt to find solace in that.

So would this be considered a liturgical abuse according to the Jedi Code?

Yes, I do agree, but where were the peoples free will when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, where was the free will with the people at the tower of babel.

I think he needs to send some kind of warning to modern people, we are getting sooo far away from the truth, something divine would snap everyone back to reality, just like it did with Sodom, Gomorrah, tower of babel, others, etc, but it seems like in our farily recent history, he prefers to stay behind the curtain, not revealing himself or the supernatural world too much.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.