Star Wars & Vatican II

This is hilarious:
vestalmorons.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/star-wars-and-the-history-of-vatican-ii/

That was one of the funniest things I’ve read all day. Thanks.

Is it just me or is some of that pretty darn racist? :frowning:

That blew my mind.

I didn’t agree with all of it, but it was still a fun read. I played Star Wars music from YouTube in the background as I read. :cool:

This is hilarious! I do have Styx’s “Too Much Time on My Hands” stuck in my head now!!!

:slight_smile:

Um, er, what?

Well, there was the bit about Asians and the bit about African-Americans in the Church. Also the description of Muslims. I assume that’s what the person is referencing.

Somebody has way too much time on his hands.

Oh.
On my first re-read I thought he was referring to equating Scots with Chewbacca.

The bit about Muslims – well, what did he say that’s false?

As for Lando Carlissian = Racially Persecuted Minority I think the author was running out of stem and had to come up ith something for Lando’s character. He prefaces with “this is sketchy at best”.

Yeah the second half or so of the piece, much of the relationships with minor characters (eg Lando) was quite a stretch. The whole Theology of the Body thing was just over the top.

Although I thought the parallels among the big themes and characters (earlier half or so of the piece) to be quite surprising in its concordance. I was actually getting excited about the whole piece, when the wheels started coming off.

But I do trust George Lucas did not have V2 in mind when he developed his epic. That said, it was a highly entertaining waste of my time. :slight_smile: Some good laughs for sure.

What a great idea I should have done the same while reading it:thumbsup:! So funny!:smiley:

OK, I have only seen Episodes I-IV. When I get home for Christmas break I will be pulling out the DVDs and watch them in this light.

Heresy! You definitely need to watch Episodes IV-VI, in their original innocence before the various rounds of “improvements”. :wink:

So funny! I guess I am a cute little ewok :p:D lol!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.