Stardust

Has anyone seen this movie yet, or want to see this movie.

Not yet, but we’re looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I saw it last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. Do be advised, however, that it is implied that the hero of the piece has sex out of wedlock - an unfortunate blemish on the film (nothing is shown). Some of the humor is a little risque, also, as noted in the MPAA’s official ratings reason.

Robert DeNiro has a cameo as a sky pirate, and he’s hilarious.

I loved Captian Shakespeare he was so funny. I know about the ratings, but you got to give them credit for not showing anything like most movies and tv shows try to do.

Haven’t seen it but it’s getting good reviews at the local theatre.

Planning on it. Next weekend, maybe. Read the book years ago and enjoyed it enough to watch it.
Speaking of, for the real Stardust geeks, there are products out there. blackphoenixalchemylab.com/stardust.html Don’t own any, but thought I’d share.

Yep i saw it and quite like the movie. The Captain was so funny!!!

I don’t have any of that specific collection, but in general I’ve been pretty impressed by BPAL’s stuff. I have middling luck as to whether a scent will turn to powder on my skin, though :frowning:

Do you keep track of what’s in the ones you use so to know what to avoid? I’m pretty lucky reaction-wise: the only things that go really funky on me which I’ve confirmed are coconut and orange blossom, and I hate coconut anyway. The orange blossom, though, is a tragedy, because it’s in enough of the good stuff like, say, Zarita. ::weeps::

Ah, I do love a good BPAL or Arcana enable.

And now, back to Stardust. What have the reviewers been saying?

Besides my own opinion(i think its a great movie), I have heard mostly good reviews,but the movie isn’t very popular, many people did not like the trailer, which made them think the movie was cheesey.

The trailer was pretty bad: I saw it at Order of the Phoenix and was all “O_O, this sucks” - but then, so was the Dark is Rising trailer. Has anyone who’s seen it read the book? How close was it to the book?

I must be odd I liked both trailers. I did not read the book of either of them. You read Stardust right, is it close to the movie and is it really a good book to read(i have not run into good ones lately).

I haven’t seen the movie of Stardust yet and don’t remember much of the book, so can’t say how close it was. IIRC, it was a good book, possibly the best Gaiman’s written (I don’t like his comics except for the one that Yoshitaka Amano illustrated, and I really don’t understand the hype around American Gods/Anansi Boys).

Well, we just got back from it. The movie starts out soundly mediocre, but picks up a lot after the first half hour (and it’s over two hours long, so most of it’s great).

It’s always a guessing game. I never know what’ll turn, though I have good luck with florals and lighter musks. Dorian, Fae, Vice, Moon Rose, and Music of Erich Zann are some of the scents that I like that like me.

IIRC, it was a good book, possibly the best Gaiman’s written (I don’t like his comics except for the one that Yoshitaka Amano illustrated, and I really don’t understand the hype around American Gods/Anansi Boys).

You’re forgetting Neverwhere :stuck_out_tongue:

American Gods is quite good, and I haven’t read Anansi Boys yet. All his short stories I’ve seen are amazing though.

I remembered Neverwhere. I like Neverwhere. I just think Stardust is better, and I also think that if people had heard of Neil before Stardust, it was either through Sandman or American Gods.

And Moon Rose is win for a dressy scent. Dorian smells like perfumer’s alcohol on me, so I’ll swap you it.

(It was inevitable that with me mentioning Stardust scents, someone would pipe up and we’d practically be having a meet-and-sniff over the interwebs. BPAL is the Pokemon cards of goth girls.))

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.